A football homebrew

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Trentdaddy »

I'm not a big footbal game fan, but I do like the Tecmo Bowl Series of the NES. It'd be nice if somebody developed a DC homebrew football game in some similarity to those. Or even better, a collection of vertical view sports games. (US Football, US Soccer,Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, etc). I loved the simple sports game of the past.
make one of those electronic football games...you know the ones with the plastic figures and the metal board that just shakes.....that would r0x0r.....bllllllllap
You mean foosball? That might be interesting.

I would also like to see more LED and classic board games. Simon was one of the best DC homebrew games I've played.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

PoDe wrote:Someone should make a uno online game. That would rule.
Yes. Yes it would.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Phantom wrote:MrSiggler and I are working on a Chess game. It'll probably be a while before it's finished though.
ooo! can you make a 2-move mode? Me and a friend play like that. Each player takes 2 moves a turn. The only extra rules are that you cant move with the same piece and if you put someone into check they get a response move (and then the turns go back to normal so that everybody gets the same number of turns in the end.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

speud wrote:
MrSiggler and I are working on a Chess game
cool :) do you intend to make it a "2 players only" game? or will you implement an AI with several levels of difficulty?
It will have AI (basic AI was implemented last year actually.. time flies). A couple of months ago we basically threw away our original design and decided to go for xboard-compatibility instead. There's still a lot of work to be done and I'm going to be busy with other things during the next couple of months, so don't expect a release anytime soon. ;) The project website is at http://developer.berlios.de/projects/dreamchess/. If you have any further questions just PM me or MrSiggler. I don't want to hijack this thread. :)
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

We need something cool for the DreamCast to pump up the scene and get us up and going again. Maybe a classic wrestling game! You know, what I'm talkin about, we could get the sprites from the Sega Genesis versions of WWF Raw and WWF Royal Rumble! A wrestling game would be so cool! Maybe we could find out how to add a create a wrestler feature to it too.
--==--
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Well I guess we can throw that one right out the window, sheesh... :|
--==--
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Saiyan Eye wrote:We need something cool for the DreamCast to pump up the scene and get us up and going again. Maybe a classic wrestling game! You know, what I'm talkin about, we could get the sprites from the Sega Genesis versions of WWF Raw and WWF Royal Rumble! A wrestling game would be so cool! Maybe we could find out how to add a create a wrestler feature to it too.
would be cool to make if done right and added netplay
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

Saiyan Eye wrote:Yeah the cool football :-D
(American)
That's not football dammit :mrgreen: Wee need a SWOS remake, now that would be footie :wink:
Skip-bo :)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Styrofoam wrote:
Skip-bo :)
oh man skip-bo is awsome.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Uno would be bad-ass, and probably not extremely difficult. Of course, in order to do it correctly, we would need to come up with all new graphics (something I would be willing to help with), instead of the copyrighted Uno images. The game play itself should not be extremely difficult for anyone with coding skill.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

What graphics?! They are easy, if you guys plan to make it I could help I think.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: