14-year-old now a registered sex offender

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

14-year-old now a registered sex offender

Post by Roofus »

"A 14-year-old today became one of the youngest girls in the country to be ordered to sign the sex offenders? register. The teenager was convicted of indecently assaulting a neighbour aged nine in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. The youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was 13 at the time of the offence, which is believed to have taken place last year. She was convicted of the offence today at Mansfield Magistrates Court. A Crown Prosecution Service source confirmed she was charged with indecent assault on a boy under the age of 14. She was ordered to sign the register and will have to inform police if she moves house."

Read article
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Ridiculous. Even more so because she's a girl.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

What does being a girl have to do with it?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Unless she is mentally deranged or some new form of very young nymphomaniac, I couldnt possibly imagine a young girl posing the same kind of threat as say a boy her age.

edit - I think that court greatly over reacted in that case. I mean really, a girls sex drive is miniscule to even a regular boys hormonal sex drive, even at a early age.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

They may have overreacted, but there are girl sex offenders, though not nearly as many as men.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Actually, the fact that we play different roles in society that are ingrained in us for generations is the only thing that I think makes people feel that the girl was innocent. This argument was brought up by Greg Graffin once a long, long time ago and I heard it and it made total sense, and I have heard others echo it a lot since then:

- If a girl at age 15 has sex with a man aged 18, it is immediately assumed that the man manipulated her to have sex with him because she would have never wanted to do it.

- If a boy at age 15 has sex with a woman aged 18, most people are like, "Hell yeah! Go for it dude!" The court even treats this type of stuff the same way.

The fact is, a boy at age 15 could be forced into sex by an older woman just as easily as a girl and a girl at age 15 could want to have sex just as bad as any boy, but we don't look at it that way at all.

Men's stuff is so much more clean than women's stuff has traditionally been too. Until Maxim came along, how many women's magazines could you find that had pictures of scantily clad men and articles such as "Keep him guessing! 101 ways to have sex!" and stuff like that. Even the teen magazines for girls focus on sex and how to look more sexy. Magazines for men until Maxim came along couldn't talk about sex in any way because they were held up as being "crude." Remember when Maxim was launched and various groups threw fits about it being too vulgar?

Open up a women's magazine, especially the teen ones, and read the articles in there. Maxim seems rather tame in comparison to some of them. (And before someone asks, my sister subscribed to a lot of those magazines and once in a while she would have me read stuff...)

So anywho, I think it is a step toward _equality_ in the genders, which is something that we have grown away from in many ways. Sure, it is a little crazy convicting a 14 year-old, but so is believing that she had no idea that what she was doing was wrong. She started the actions and it sounds like the boy was unwilling. Open and shut case, if you ask me.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

If a 14 year old boy assaulted a 9 year old girl, they would not think twice about making him sign the sex offender registry. So why should it be different the other way around?

*EDIT: You just had to post 2 minutes before me, huh goatdan? :lol:
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

simple doublestandards. so much for equality.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

damn came running here thinking this was a thread about me.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

How about the fact they are minors? If she stole something minor it would not go on her perm record. (same with a boy here) So why is this going on her perminant record? It seems rather inocent (same if it was a boy doing it to a girl.) I mean I can understand if she bruetally murdered someone, or small animals, but not this. Now the problem is they don't say how far it went. (IE flashing her chest to full fledged rape.) If it was the latter then yes make her sign, but if she just flashed him then who cares.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

If she just flashed her boobs, likely no one would have said anything. Or at worst, her parents would have punished her. But you gotta wonder about a girl who shows her boobs to a 9 year old.
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

You don't hear about a chick having to sign the sex offenders? register, but it does happen, only fool's can think it's not possible. It's probably rare, but it obviously DOES happen.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Sephiroth wrote:You don't hear about a chick having to sign the sex offenders? register, but it does happen, only fool's can think it's not possible. It's probably rare, but it obviously DOES happen.
I wouldn't call it rare, I've read numerous instances of it. Well, not extremely rare anyway. A lot of women molest children, I do know that much. It was a brief discussion topic in sex ed.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Orange_Ribbon, I'm not sure of the rules in the state, but the age to consent to sex varies by state. In Wisconsin, it is 18, but I know that it varies from 14-18. If she was in a state where the age was 14, then by law she was in fact forcing someone who couldn't consent to have sex (or whatever) with her.
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

to who ever said she might have flashed the kid... that would get her charged for indecent exposure, not make her a sexual offender. Flashing someone is no big deal... but i guess someone could potentially be takent o court for it, she obviously did somthing more serious
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

-Azathoth- wrote:Unless she is mentally deranged or some new form of very young nymphomaniac, I couldnt possibly imagine a young girl posing the same kind of threat as say a boy her age.
Orange_Ribbon wrote:How about the fact they are minors? If she stole something minor it would not go on her perm record. (same with a boy here) So why is this going on her perminant record?
I agree with Az & Orange on this 100%. Some of you are thinking black & white on this issue; life should be so easy.

Goatdan, your post was well thought out and you made many great points but I didn't agree with the "open & shut" part.

Guys & gals are just different. No matter how much everyone wants to force "we are all the same" that's not true. Same with races, but that's a topic for a different day.

The girl is 14 years old. Who is she posing a threat to? Now, she will have to live with this stigma for the rest of her life and when someone does a back ground check on her she can denied credit, job opportunites, housing opportunies, and more. That's not fair to a woman who made a poor mistake due to poor parenting (and/or poor supervision) when she was 14 years old.

Consequences. The parents should be blamed in all infractions done by minors, not the minors. I know that will probably spark a debate but I believe whole-heartedly poor parenting/poor supervision is what's killing the world today.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

I'd give a ride if she was alright looking and I promise I wouldn't press charges lol. Actually when I was a kid, I went over to my sister's friend's house, cuz she lived really close by, and she flashed her t1ts at me, I was 10 at the time and she was prolly 14 or so, would she qualify as a sex offender? It just kind of seems ridiculous, I'd like to know what she actually did. When I was 8 I was interested in girls, in fact, maybe I was a little early but I started getting boners too, so you know...it is just kind of wierd to consider this situation with her as the sole assailant. Maybe she is really ugly and the kid is a big wuss, who knows.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Master Higgins wrote: Maybe she is really ugly and the kid is a big wuss, who knows.
ROFL

Yeah, or that :D
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

A 14 year old girl wouldn't have as much of a sense of the differance in age being a problem.

Blaming it on bad parenting ? That's just wrong. We don't know anything to do with it. My parent's are great, but when I was a kid I was a little bastrd. I'm a retired scally now, I'm sure some of you know what that means :P
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Storminator16 wrote:
-Azathoth- wrote:Unless she is mentally deranged or some new form of very young nymphomaniac, I couldnt possibly imagine a young girl posing the same kind of threat as say a boy her age.
Orange_Ribbon wrote:How about the fact they are minors? If she stole something minor it would not go on her perm record. (same with a boy here) So why is this going on her perminant record?
I agree with Az & Orange on this 100%. Some of you are thinking black & white on this issue; life should be so easy.
Would your opinion be any different if a 14 year-old boy indecently assaulted another 9 year-old boy?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!