is headhunter apporate

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
tommyistommy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

is headhunter apporate

Post by tommyistommy »

im 12 year old lil bro wants to play this game...he doesnt watch the videos...i know its rated M but is there anything that bad in that game?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

i haven't played the game all the way through, but I think the M rating is due to violence and language
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Theres nothing wrong with it man, theres not even blood when u shoot people, the only blood is like some all the walls and stuff in certain areas of the game. Its a great game.
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

I'm sure Adam could come across as one scary monster to a 12 year old. Even in Denmark this game got a 15 yr rating. Some kids can take it, others cannot, if in doubt my suggestion is to NOT let him play :)
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

There is minor adult content. I haven't played very far into the game but when Wade (the main character) injects Ramirez (a villian dressed up as a cowboy) with a truth serum, it's revealed that Ramirez has had a 'relationship' with his own sister. They don't blatantly say it, but if you're wary about your bro getting ideas about incest, the innuendos are a minor thing to look out for. :wink:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

Not to mention the subtle jokes that are definitely aimed at an older audience.

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind having one of Stern's organs in you" :guffaw:
tommyistommy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by tommyistommy »

well hes playing it now...i mean i got deep in the game and found nothing but was just wondering...and the curses arent bad....and hes not scared....thanks guys...i still dont see why its rated M tho...its a T game for sure...i mean everything or nothing is worse and its rated T
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

I have no idea what the various letters represent, ratings are shown by numbers here (eg. 15 means not recommended for people under the age of 15)

Not any blood in HH, altho' I'm pretty sure a 12 year old can handle some blood. As I said earlier I would imagine Adam (final boss) could be the cause for high rating .... guess you'll find out soon enough yourself ;)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

M means do not see to anyone under 17, same as rated R for movies. There is the higher AO (adult only) and i think that one has the same rules as X where its 18.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

games seem to be rated more causiously than movies, let your brother play it. If hes old enough to sleep without a night lite he is old enought to play headhunter
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

When Jack meets Hank for the first time, doesn't he mention that Hank abused his own children?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

Not sure, but i don't think so. It is however said that Hank's dog left him :D
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Are you sure? In the LEILA bit, after you complete your first batch of missions? Or did I imagine that...
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

Hank and Wade meet up before the c-license test, that I'm sure of, and they talk about Hank's dog that I'm also sure off, but the child abuse thing I'll have to check later today ;)
tommyistommy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by tommyistommy »

Ahh its not that bad he beat the game...nothing i or he found wrong with it...awesome game...im going to have to buy a xbox just for redemption!!