Dream On Magazine needs a name change: need name suggestions

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ShadowofBob »

I'll buy the mag when it comes out.
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

I'll purchase the mag if international shipping is being arranged somehow. (If it is/isn't, don't flame me, I can't read all 6 pages of this at the moment. ;)) Also, might I suggest putting the answers to FAQs on a site somewhere or editing the first post and placing them there? Would be great for lazy people like me.
- Interesting.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Would their be any chance that you might consider having distributers in major countires as I mentioned before MetaFox, to save people on shipping?
oldskoolgamer101
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by oldskoolgamer101 »

I also live in Australia, to be more specific, South Australia. I love the Dreamcast and I think a Magazine would be fantastic, but I am still puzzled as to how I could get hold of a copy. My parents are paranoid about any transactions related to the internet, so I would have to get hold of it through the post.

Assuming the magazine goes well, do you think you could send small shipments to newsagents? That way the newsagents pay your costs, so you can at least break even. As popularity rises so would profit, I think you should consider it. The best way to approach this idea is to focus on the future of course, as profit won't be something to come straight away...
Gamecube + DC + GBA + UPCOMING DREAM ON MAGAZINE = a life larger than life. WOOT!!
rebeldemonboy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by rebeldemonboy »

This is gonna rock oh so hard. And it's only weeks away!! ^_^
GUB
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by GUB »

Like some others, I've just registered to show my support and say that I would be somewhat interested in getting this mag. I saw a link to this thread on InsertCredit.com and thought I'd check it out, and after reading all 7 pages it sounds like a good idea. Another South Australian here, so it looks like you've got a few backers from this side of the world.

Just a small question regarding the disc, MetaFox. What does the menuing system you're working on look like? Are there any examples you can give which can fill our imaginations as to what it may look like? I realise it's the content which is the most important aspect, but flashy menus never go astray. :P
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

No.
Sea-Monkey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sea-Monkey »

Hey,I live in Ny too.Anyway,count
me in.I'll buy every issue you put out.
Find me online with Dreamcast
on:
Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online V2
StarLancer
Quake 3 Areana
4X4 Evo
F355 Challange
PBA Bowling
akilshohen
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by akilshohen »

I'd buy it just for the demo disk. What will the pay options be?
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

rebeldemonboy wrote:This is gonna rock oh so hard. And it's only weeks away!! ^_^
Your retarted avatar is 700k. Give the 56k'ers here a break!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

farrell2k wrote:
rebeldemonboy wrote:This is gonna rock oh so hard. And it's only weeks away!! ^_^
You mean his sig. I've got cable at home so it doesn't affect me now, but you've got a good point. I've recently had to use dialup again while on vacation, and it's torture when you have to load a whole ton of stuff. Anyway, there are forum limits other than resolution.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Alexvrb wrote:
farrell2k wrote:
You mean his sig. I've got cable at home so it doesn't affect me now, but you've got a good point. I've recently had to use dialup again while on vacation, and it's torture when you have to load a whole ton of stuff. Anyway, there are forum limits other than resolution.
Yeah and I believe the file size limit is somewhere along the lines of 300k
No signature.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

ShadowofBob wrote:I'll buy the mag when it comes out.
Same here.
aflyingcow
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by aflyingcow »

Very interested, but this magazine will largely cover homebrew... I'd like to see lots of mainstream stuff; even though NTSC stuff is dead (reviews and such).
CGMANN99
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by CGMANN99 »

I would most defintiely buy htat mag when it comes out. I am on 56k and I would rather have someone do all the burning of files. There is nothing like getting a game mag in the mail. You have to let us know how we can pay for it.
zeldafanatic15
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by zeldafanatic15 »

I registered just to show my support for this magazine. I just came into the Dreamcast scene a few weeks ago and love it. I will support and buy this magazine 100%. How will we know when this magazine is available? Will it be announced on the forums or at dcemulation.org?
Life's grand. Then you die.
*Official Yu Yu Hakusho TCG Judge*
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

zeldafanatic15 wrote:I registered just to show my support for this magazine. I just came into the Dreamcast scene a few weeks ago and love it. I will support and buy this magazine 100%. How will we know when this magazine is available? Will it be announced on the forums or at dcemulation.org?
I'm sure it will get reported at all of the major DC sites - DCEmulation.com, DcEmu.co.uk, Consolevision, DCStuff, etc...
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

Could be fun to see what's happening for the DC in Japan these days. You "just" need someone that can actually understand japanese to make a few pages.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Styrofoam wrote:Could be fun to see what's happening for the DC in Japan these days. You "just" need someone that can actually understand japanese to make a few pages.
I understand enough Kana and Kanji to get by actually. :)

I've been teaching myself Japanese for a couple of years, ever since I started a game translation "group". I never really put the knowledge to good use, as the only translation I released just translated the title screen.
kuffa
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by kuffa »

I will support and buy this mag or a year worth of mag if you put them out there. I love my DC, yes LOVE IT and I am not afraid to admit it! I would even pay you $20 if you could burn me a DC CD with SNES Earthbound on it. I do have one question; what will be on the demo disc? Thanks for keeping DC alive, now I can hold my head up high.