ESPN NFL 2K5 will retail for $19.99

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ESPN NFL 2K5 will retail for $19.99

Post by Lunchbox »

June 22, 2004 - ESPN Videogames announced today what the entire world (well, except several people in Hoboken) already knew: ESPN NFL 2K5 will be available for a very low, very sweet suggested price of $19.99. The lower price is one of the first results of SEGA's partnership with Take-Two Interactive in publishing and distributing the ESPN line of sports games.

"For years, our fans and critics have been heralding our title as the ultimate football experience," said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. "We've pulled out every stop to make this the best, most feature-rich NFL title on the market. In fact, we're even offering the deepest online experience this year. Now, consumers score by getting the best game at an unbeatable price."

Look for the title to hit stores later in August. With so many tasty games coming out around then, it's a good thing indeed that we'll have the extra $30 to spend on even more software. Sometimes, the gaming life is just sweet.

Sega's sports games were always much better than EA's since the Dreamcast days, maybe this new price drop will show the mass market the way. Here's hoping they do the price drop with ESPN NHL 2K5 as well
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i'll definatly buy it. always liked the sega sports nfl line better than madden. it just plays more like real football. madden is just slow plodding pace.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I hope it has a similar price tag over here. I don't like watching American Football on the TV but I have always enjoyed the Sega Sports/ESPN NFL games.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i have hated madden ever since i first played them on the genesis. the ONLY madden game i liked was Madden 2002 on the n64. i own it on the gamecube and it's jsut not as fun as the n64 version...

bout time i can get a good (sport's) game without paying 50$ for it...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

:o $20?
that's a little low for a NEW game isn't it?
$25 or $30 would seem more reasonable.
how are they gonna make a profit?
something doesn't sound right at all.....
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

they make a huge profit on games. think about it, to actually burn a disc only cost them about maybe $2-3 a disc. i remember an egm article which showed all the funding of games and where all the money went. i'll find it in the morning and post a scan.

it would rock if all new games were $20.
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

the $19.99 price tag is to try to increase there market share this year.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I'll definately pick it up
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

1LINUXuser wrote:they make a huge profit on games. think about it, to actually burn a disc only cost them about maybe $2-3 a disc. i remember an egm article which showed all the funding of games and where all the money went. i'll find it in the morning and post a scan.

it would rock if all new games were $20.
developers are lucky to make a few bucks on a game. most of the cash goes to retailers, publishers, licenses, etc