Rise & Fall A GTA Clone for Sega's Dreamcast.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Spector
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Spector »

People that come out with nonsense like this on websites all have one thing in common... their English is awful.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

eh, give the guy a break - if it's fake, that's not our prob.

gook luck with the proj, dude.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by aced411 »

maybe it would sound more real if you said you first plan to release one game and see how it sells before making some more
Yeah, I'm sorry but you should finish High School and make sure your grammer is up to par before taking on such a challenging project.......unless of course English is your second language...which would make things real interesting.
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

A handful of games would be believable... but 230!? I hope you aren't talking about 230 Pong and Tetris clones
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Heh...[has mental image of DC being turned into one of those "1000-game" handheld calculator/clock dealies]
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Heh...[has mental image of DC being turned into one of those "1000-game" handheld calculator/clock dealies]

lol ya i can totally see that. Every difficulty level counts as a whole new game!! Or it could be like those 500 games-in-one deals on the NES where every level in SMB counted as a game :lol:
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Atari was notorious for that ;)
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

hey that naked man is still around!
crabcakes
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

The 230 games in development claim just wails "bogus"...
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

whattheheck...? )()(
Insane homebrew collector.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

until we see some actual considerable progress like a half decentely designed website that is NOT under construction or some game screens, i am putting this on my fake list.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Hmmm... if this is true, then that is so cool, but do we really need GTA clones, I mean, I've played GTA way over it's prime, now some original games would be awesome

anyways, Hard info, or this is fake :D
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Some people say my english is fine, other say it needs work and the rest say its cool. :roll:
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

C.A.T wrote:Hmmm... if this is true, then that is so cool, but do we really need GTA clones, I mean, I've played GTA way over it's prime, now some original games would be awesome

First off, the rise and fall is gonna be a million times better then gta. For the xbox and the dreamcast. second, we are putting a lot of time and effort into this game, xbox only features and dreamcast only features. You can select from 8 different characters, make your own character. Create your own ride, customize weapons(kinda like turock rage wars for n64). Violence Control, you start off a good guy and if you want you can finsh the game as a good guy, or you can be a bad guy. Once you finsh the game, a lot of things are unlock on how well you do. Or the other way around, kinda like blue stinger.

mORE INfo about this game and the other 14 games planned to be release on my website. peace!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

[off-topic] Huh...Burbank, eh? I grew up there, and lived there until I started college at UCSC in Fall '01. Any chance our paths may have crossed? I went to JBHS, was the Concertmaster of the orchestra at BHS, and worked at the AMC a couple summers ago.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Once again, is this a GTA3 clone? or a GTA clone? the games are VERY different and GTA2 is already on the DC. Judging by your sig, now it will be GTA3 but yea... huh?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

ill believe it when i see it, but anyway good luck

also, another thing to keep in mind is that your games will be ripped and put up on the torrent/usenet (newsgroups) probably before you even release them...... so just keep that in mind.

a doa3, manhunt, or even a halo (lol, if only) clone would be cool.

however impossible due to the lack of dc buttons.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

quzar wrote:Once again, is this a GTA3 clone? or a GTA clone? the games are VERY different and GTA2 is already on the DC. Judging by your sig, now it will be GTA3 but yea... huh?

Every since i played gta III and vice city to death, i always wanted to bring a game like that to the dreamcast. Same style, but on a whole different level. Gta II sucks, you dont have a lot of options to not-killed someone. In gta III, i finsh the game without killing anybody. Well, i think it was 2 dudes where i had no choice but to kill. Thats it tho :P
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

MKE wrote:ill believe it when i see it, but anyway good luck

also, another thing to keep in mind is that your games will be ripped and put up on the torrent/usenet (newsgroups) probably before you even release them...... so just keep that in mind.
a doa3, manhunt, or even a halo (lol, if only) clone would be cool.
however impossible due to the lack of dc buttons.
Manhunt: Never! Dead or alive 3: Translation, a lot of cool fighting games is planned. And you mention a halo clone: Well you can always buy this game for the pc> http://www.gamesfirst.com/reviews/todd/ ... forces.htm

Let me know when you get it, a lot of people sitll play this online, there is some cool mods and editors for the game. This game is better then halo. One of the first 14 games planned for the dc is a clone of mobile forces, not halo. Halo sucks.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Okay, so let me get this straight. You're original plan was to release 400 games for the Dreamcast, but now you have become 'sensible' and decided to limit that number to a mere 230 games. You have no screenshots, info, or any progress reports on any of the games, but you do plan to give us Photoshopped covers of the first 14 as proof of your work. You have set a goal to complete all 230 games in just 4 years. However, you do not intend to do any of the work yourself, but instead relying on professional help from big name developers. And you are going to persuade them to do this by offering them large sums of money.

I apologize for my rudeness, but I can only respond with uncontrollable fits of laughter.