Castlevania: Symphony Of Destruction Update thread

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maximo2703 »

hey vamp did you happen to catch my review of your mod yet on my site?
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

hey vamp did you happen to catch my review of your mod yet on my site?
Yes but it should be a 'preview' tho. ;)

VampiricS,
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well once your final release comes out ill update my review/preview to reflect the release hehe i hope you liked my review/preview
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Not really an update, but PC version on the website now comes with the installer.

VampiricS,
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

Hey! Does the castlevania MOD you making has the characters from the genesis version, bloodlines????? :| :| :|
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Ok not really a big update but still:

- pretty much all 'arts' used from the real artist from konami will be removed, reason: We'll put our own homemade arts, so far the character select screen is nearly redone with some new cool 'dynamic' arts. That should help the mod to look more like an original game.

VampiricS,
edub1030
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by edub1030 »

cool beans vamp, glad to see you back. i'm d'loading your mod tonite. can't hardly wait to play it. keep up the good work. just out of curiosity, about how far are you to completion?
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

i am far from completion, and frankly, since i am nearly doing it alone it can take a while. But it will get completed.

VampiricS,
redbull984
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Review of Your Game

Post by redbull984 »

First of all i would like to say props on the giant man that appears when you attack with the women. There should be a button for holding rather than randomly holding whenever you are next to them. Alucard should have his sword primarly at all times, punching is retarded. Instead of losing health with special power you should a bar for it, that regenerates, or kills fill it up. the girl shoudl have a weapon. Change Wolf Boss so that Alucard won't beat it in 1 combo. Make Game Fun... Good idea with the concept of the game. Make storyline. Finally Alucard and Richter's special powers shouldnt take 4 business to execute,(Alucards sucks....) Thank you i gave your game a 2/10 make it better thanks.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Review of Your Game

Post by DaMadFiddler »

redbull984 wrote:First of all i would like to say props on the giant man that appears when you attack with the women. There should be a button for holding rather than randomly holding whenever you are next to them. Alucard should have his sword primarly at all times, punching is retarded. Instead of losing health with special power you should a bar for it, that regenerates, or kills fill it up. the girl shoudl have a weapon. Change Wolf Boss so that Alucard won't beat it in 1 combo. Make Game Fun... Good idea with the concept of the game. Make storyline. Finally Alucard and Richter's special powers shouldnt take 4 business to execute,(Alucards sucks....) Thank you i gave your game a 2/10 make it better thanks.
WOW. VampiricS' mods is one of the more ambitious out there, and many of the limitations are based on the fact that it still is, essentially, Beats of Rage with new material injected. I notice this is your first post; are you new to the scene, or is this just a new S/N?

Keep in mind these are all fan projects, and WILL NOT, PERIOD, be at commercial levels, because people don't have that kind of time/energy to invest. Also, the game, as S JUST said, is pretty highly incomplete. Constructive criticism can be useful, but I think maybe you're expecting a little too much right off the bat.

And a comment such as "I gave your game a 2/10 make it better" is bordering on a flame. I'm sure S appreciates feedback, but think about things in context before posting.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

That's ok, i learned to deal with that kind of comments hehe, i got floodedwith all kind of weird e-mails from the Official site. People will have to learn that a BETA demo have good chances to be buggy and incomplete. How could someone alone put up a demo that will be perfect in 2 weeks. Even whole commercial teams on actual consoles can't even do it. That 's another reason why the chances for me to release another DEMO version are not good, since people seems to think it's a complete game. Another thing, i am doing this because i am a fan of Castlevania and wanted one on my Dreamcast, it may be crappy, it may be not the same gameplay of the original, but to be honest, i am trying my best to trick the engine to get it closer to it.

VampiricS,
Dre@mC@ster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dre@mC@ster »

VampiricS
Dude I can not wait if it but takes you a year who cares good work takes time and I think your cutting your self short and you will make a good final burn on your Castlevania BOR. I want to play it very much so, but on a lighter note I passed by blockbuster to rent Matrix revolution and by the stroke of luck they had a brand new copy of Castlevania symphony of the night I beat the game like 2 times but I wanted to play it again so I bought it for $15, wooo hooo what a price GameStop want $40 for it used. Good Luck... :)
spectrexcwk
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spectrexcwk »

since i first heard u were doin this mod i've been struggling for a way to rip sprites to help. I just heard my epsxe can take shots so i'm gonna see if i can learn more about tht. anyway do u even need any more sprites? if so i'd be happy to help! :D
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

First of all i would like to say props on the giant man that appears when you attack with the women.
you have to admit that was hillarious, though.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Stick with it man! ...we all know it's going to be a great mod. Heck, I'm having my own problems, but I'm not going to stop what I'm doing because of them. :D You can do it, VampiricS!
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

as long it has an awsome ending and some cool secrets the game itself is going to be better than alright.
Batmantis
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Batmantis »

Here's somethings I noticed that could be improved (I dont know the limitations of BOR so maybe some of these thinks are possible).
1. Fix the spites of the 3rd character so they guy doesnt show up on some of them.
2. The bosses could be beaten simply by walking up to them and mashing punch.
3. Possibly more on-screen enemies to provide more a challenge.
4. The flying skulls were really timid, combined with lots of health, made them annoying. Plus, I dont think they ever attacked me.
5. Fix the throwing. I didnt see any spite variation.
6. Add some Combo moves

Looks like its shaping up to be a good game. Hats of to you.
Gillian Seed
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Gillian Seed »

Its a great Mod so far.
A few suggestions:
-Alucard's walking animation needs to be fixed.
-Double check Maria and her animations as well, though it is funny to see her 'morph' into Max Bacon from BOR.
-You can throw stuff to death
-You can beat stuff to death
-More bosses other than the cerebuses
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

the game looks very good.
great job!
but could you get the PC version to recognize my gamepad?
i plugged it in and it told me it was not ready....
i got a logitech usb dual game pad.
(keyboard hurts my hands)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

q_006 wrote:the game looks very good.
great job!
but could you get the PC version to recognize my gamepad?
i plugged it in and it told me it was not ready....
i got a logitech usb dual game pad.
(keyboard hurts my hands)
The PC Beats of Rage is DOS based, and as such, I don't think it'll recognize USB controllers :-/. You'll either have to get a converter or buy a gameport-based pad (or just stick to DC for the game ;-))