Dreacast MP3

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Dreacast MP3

Post by Nico0020 »

I have had teh dreamcast MP3 program for a long time now, but I have never asked this question. how come it skips a lot on certian songs? It is a great program I just dont like hwo it skips all the time.
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

I think it only supports 128kbps and lower MP3s. :P

I e-mailed the author about releasing the source so someone could add support for other bitrates, but he never replied. Oh well...

The MP3 player in DCDivx is surprisingly compatible...I've never had it refuse to play someone. That stupid Pelican player won't play about half my MP3s.

Once they add a few more features to the DCDivx player, it'll be the best, by far. Last I heard they were planning on adding shuffle, and were thinking about ways to implement a playlist.