Mario Worlds

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
karter74
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mario Worlds

Post by karter74 »

Don't know if anyone caught this, but I guess a developer created a Mario knock-off game and megames claim it is either being developed for the DC or already has, but I can't seem to find it.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/free ... rlds.shtml

Maybe someone knows something I don't?
HOLY CRAP!
karter74
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by karter74 »

I don't know why the link isnt showing up, its http://www.megagames.com/news/html/free ... rlds.shtml

Well I have no idea whats going on and why the links dont properly show up, anyway, its on http://www.megagames.com under the free games section. Sorry for the inconvenience.
HOLY CRAP!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

The link probably isn't showing up because the site that you are trying to link to is listed in our filter. If the site contains anything illegal, then you won't be able to link to it here. If a site isn't in our filter yet, then a mod will simply edit the link. Obviously I can't go to the site to check it out, but I am 99% sure that is the problem. Please make sure that the sites you are linking to don't contain warez, otherwise the links will be edited, and you will probably be warned for linking to warez.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'm pretty sure I know where he is trying to link, and yeah it is in the filter.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

Here's the link to the official site (no warez there):

http://www.stickie-chan.com/marioworlds

The level editor and console versions are a bunch of BS posted on the site you linked to. The official page makes no mention of neither.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Yeah, the site he was trying to link to is in the filter for good reason. But, Gav-X has been kind enough to find us a 'good' link. :D
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

[Robin Williams]One is glad to be of service[/Robin Williams] :wink:
Barret7sc
DC Developer
DC Developer

Could be...

Post by Barret7sc »

No chance of it being ported, because the damn thing is in game maker. Not bad for that though. It would be nice to get a good original oldschool platformer running on the dc though.

-B
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

yeah i would love to see an old school platformer on DC we have 2 so far Giana's Return and Echo's Quest but sadly as far as i know Echo's is no longer in development and i believe that game had a lot of potentional
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Maximo2703 wrote:yeah i would love to see an old school platformer on DC we have 2 so far Giana's Return and Echo's Quest but sadly as far as i know Echo's is no longer in development and i believe that game had a lot of potentional
Echo's Quest is no longer being developed, nor are any of the other games by Trilinear. I was really disappointed when I found this out. I had actually already sent him an email telling him how much I was looking forward to an update, before I found out he had quit working on them a long time ago.
Apparently Trilinear got a job at a commercial software company, and part of his employment terms said he wasn't allowed to develop anything on his own, so he was forced to give up on all of his projects for the DC.
DreamZone Forums

Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

too bad no one else could pick up on the projects that would be great
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

No need to pick up projects to port, there are enough people with the talent and creativity to push something new.

I dunno, just a pet peeve of mine lately. There seems to be a lack of creativity out there, and everyone seem to go gaga over emus and licensed properties. :P
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I'm with you on that one Will. I love all of the ports, etc. that are being done (and I am a big fan of the BOR mods that are coming out), but I am really looking forward to seeing some of the original homebrew stuff that people are working on. Don't worry Will, there are original things being put together (there were five that were submitted to the DreamOn contest). There are also quite a few things that have been discussed in the Dev Ideas forum that look promising.
DreamZone Forums

Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i hope to see some actual platformers be developed for DC along w/ some zelda style rpgs.. then i will be a happy camper :mrgreen:
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Well, I'm not all that thrilled about emulators; the 2600, NES and Master System emulators are more than enough to keep me happy for a long time to come.

However...

I DO go gaga over licensed properties! :P I would be SO happy for a fullspeed, 640x480, moddable version of Quake 2 available for the Dreamcast. The non-programmers could then make their own little 3D creations, with scripts and artistic talent (and system ram ;) ) being their only limitations.

I wouldn't let that be much of a peeve, Will. You got to remember that folks have to start somewhere. I'm sure all of us have had our fill of Breakout and Tetris clones, but we'd also all embrace another version of either of those games if a new devver made one on the DC...
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Can the topic starter some one personal message me a link that actually works that contains this game, thanks. I tried a couple sites including the main one and they took the download down cause too many downloads.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Can the topic starter some one personal message me a link that actually works that contains this game, thanks. I tried a couple sites including the main one and they took the download down cause too many downloads.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Welll this port is cool http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48072

I think a lot are looking forward to the port of sdl basic. Which will allow all use basic programers to do some neat little games.

New games from the ground up will there are 5 that will come out and many more.

Allways good to have lots to do and see. If there was no news for 6 months at a time waiting for 1 or 2 games it would be pretty boring..
I would love to see more games homebrew ports any thing at all.

Any thing at all news some one took the trouble and effort to bother with the dreamcast and add to whats there should not have to worry about people not liking ports.

And i dont see why a port pf pong from a new devver or old one is less of a game if it's from some one new. Any thing can help keep intrest and new people coming.. You need as much intrest as you can get be it throu emulation homebrewgames ports bor mods.

|It's a outlet for people to be creative. What if some one said i dont want to see any more nester themes.. Does not really sit well.

|I my self would be happy just to do homebrew games from the ground up there a lot more fun to work and and much easyer to code.
Dreamcast forever!!!
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Well - this game would be cool if it wasn't using friggin' Mario. The idea of a customizable side-scroller is definately neat, but these folks should create new characters or something. "Fan games" are often overlooked by a lot of people (including myself)... :(

- Fuzmeister
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

SDL basic...? When you say "looking forward to" do you mean that someone is working on this?

A working basic for DC could be a bloomin' revelation. Especially if you could do all your development and testing on PC first.

If someone ports SDL basic then I (almost) promise to write a game, not a good one mind you...

Heck if I understand Fenix I might do something, but port basic and I'm in.

<amazed> :D </amazed>