[GUIDE/FAQ] Get Online with Dreamcast PSO (v1 and v2)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by speud »

theres no need of a new host, the link is correct and the file works.
thats just a problem with megaman8x who is definitely too stupid to do what people advise him to do. hes so stupid he thinks you have better chances to obtain what you want by shouting and insulting people, so for people like him i just have to say get lost.

btw my site was down but it has been backed up thx to TheGatesofBill, there are still a few things not working properly due to servers incompatibility but it will be fixed soon.

EDIT: oh i just re-read what you wrote Derived Class, i think i missunderstood first time, i thought you meant you wanted to host the save for pw users. like explained before its not a problem with the link but with the browser anyway
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

The fact of the matter is all your solutions dont work. For some reason your being ignorant of that fact, since noone has gotten it to work with your dumbass solutions. I did them repeatedly the url thing dosent work since when you click it it just takes you to the main page ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING THAT? IS IT COMMING IN CLEAR?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

is that SSJKarma under a different name?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

quzar wrote:is that SSJKarma under a different name?
lol maybe, or someone from his family :)
also SSKJarma loves to shout for nothing but he stays polite and isnt so stupid as far as i can remember.

megaman8x get lost with you damn browser, it works for me and everyone i know who tried got it too work too, so the answer is youre too stupid to follow what i said exactly
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

megaman, what version pw browser do you have? only pw2.0+ can dl vmu files.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Mastaboog749
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mastaboog749 »

PSO v1 US and PAL work but you cant play with people on computers, you can talk in lobby but cant join one of there games.

I have the codes right in front of me to but I am to lazy to give them to you )()(

And it does work I have tried both US and PAL v1.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

also SSKJarma loves to shout for nothing but he stays polite and isnt so stupid as far as i can remember.
hes said some pretty mean things to me lol
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

What size VMU do I need to get this going?

When I complete the entries and try to save to a blank VMU I get errors - something about my VMU not having enough space.

Thats great - especially when the friggin codebreaker doesnt support the keyboard. sigh.

So how big must it be? And do I have to configure my BBA, as well as the PW browser, with Neo-Ice's IP?
Derived Class - Geek, Idiot, Heartbreaker

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

All you need is a couple blocks for the xploder cheats and a couple for your browser.

Yeah, that REALLY sucks that the xploder doesn't use the keyboard. I was pissed. You could always download the cheats though.

If anyone's on tonight, look for browndustin. Lvl 13 Fonewm! I'll be searching out dcemulation folks.
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

I have version 2.0 of PW. Apparently this doesnt work with the BBA... I got the DreamPassport browser but havent installed it yet. I assume this is a suitable replacement?

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Derived Class wrote:Thats great - especially when the friggin codebreaker doesnt support the keyboard. sigh.

So how big must it be? And do I have to configure my BBA, as well as the PW browser, with Neo-Ice's IP?
If you have a BBA you don't need a codebreaker. Just change the DC DNS settings and enter the IP of a DNS server that directs the game to the homebrew server (like Neo-Ice's DNS server). You can also run your own DNS server ofcourse. I have dnsmasq running on my linux machine in order to be able to conveniently switch back and forth between the homebrew server and the official server without having to change any settings on my dreamcast.
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

Im beginning to think this is an urban legend :?

Phantom - after hitting myself repeatedly in the head for not realizing this, I did as instructed and PSO hangs when it tries to connect, eventually coming back with:

"The line was disconnected due to networking errors".

I'm using a Linksys router.

But the BBA in general is pissing me off. I cant get it to work with DreamPassport, I cant get it to work with PSO - WTF did I blow 140 bucks on

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Derived Class wrote:Phantom - after hitting myself repeatedly in the head for not realizing this, I did as instructed and PSO hangs when it tries to connect, eventually coming back with:

"The line was disconnected due to networking errors".
Does it detect the BBA?
Derived Class wrote:I'm using a Linksys router.
So am I, so that's not the problem. ;)
Derived Class wrote:But the BBA in general is pissing me off. I cant get it to work with DreamPassport, I cant get it to work with PSO - WTF did I blow 140 bucks on
Try to get it to work with the DreamPassport browser first; you'd need to enter a proper DNS server ofcourse. Could you post some details about your network? IP of your PC, router and dreamcast, netmask etc.
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

Thanks for the help, Phantom! Heres my net info.

Motorola SurfBoard modem connected to Linksys BEFSR41 4 Port router. I have NOT upgraded to the latest firmware update, and will not (long story, not relevant). It is in Gateway mode, and DHCP, with a 192.168.X.X internal address class (and subsequent 255.255.255.0 netmask). The Dreamcast is physically wired to the router with traditional CAT5 cabling.
For the BBA, I specify the Default Gateway as the router address, which is what I do on all my other machines with static IPs.

I assume the BBA is detected for a couple reasons:
- My Linksys router issues it an IP; I can see it in my DHCP Clients table (along with its name that I gave it in DreamPassport)
- when I attempt to connect to the net via DreamPassport, It asks if I want to do so via the BBA
- I can ping the Dreamcast's assigned IP from my desktop computer

The only browser software I have is DreamPassport and PlanetWeb 2.0, which does not support the BBA. What other options do I have in the browser department?

It is through DreamPassport that I added Neo-ICE's DNS server address. When I first connected with PSO v2 BEFORE configuring the BBA I tried to add the DNS address through the PSO interface, and that also failed.

Lastly, when I try to hit my internal development site (http://mylocalcomputername), I cannot connect to the host.

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

This isn't taboo dumbass, I've been on there plenty of times. Maybe you're just too dumb to follow speud's tutorials. I mean he lays them out plain and simple. Read what he says, DO what he says and you'll be on there.

Derived Class, that wasn't directed at you btw. Hopefully you get your BBA connected properly... lucky bugger. I wish I had one. :P
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Derived Class wrote:I assume the BBA is detected for a couple reasons:
- My Linksys router issues it an IP; I can see it in my DHCP Clients table (along with its name that I gave it in DreamPassport)
- when I attempt to connect to the net via DreamPassport, It asks if I want to do so via the BBA
If all else fails you could try giving the Dreamcast a static IP and entering all other information manually. I've never used DHCP on Dreamcast.
Derived Class wrote:Lastly, when I try to hit my internal development site (http://mylocalcomputername), I cannot connect to the host.
Did you replace Neo-Ice's DNS server with a real one? Otherwise you won't be able to browse. Neo-Ice's DNS server is only good for PSO.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

god it seems like im gonna have to post pictures...
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

Phantom wrote:
Derived Class wrote:I assume the BBA is detected for a couple reasons:
If all else fails you could try giving the Dreamcast a static IP and entering all other information manually. I've never used DHCP on Dreamcast.
Derived Class wrote:Lastly, when I try to hit my internal development site (http://mylocalcomputername), I cannot connect to the host.
Did you replace Neo-Ice's DNS server with a real one? Otherwise you won't be able to browse. Neo-Ice's DNS server is only good for PSO.
Ive already tried assigning a static IP. No go. Same with the real DNS servers. I cant even connect to a local machine on my network.

FYI megaman: While a programmer by trade/fun, I am by no means a networking newbie.

My internal network is configured without an internal DNS server... I simply point all my machines to the router for DHCP assignment. All my other machines (1 red hat, 3 windows, 1 Xbox) connect properly through the router via DHCP, or if I choose to assign a static IP within the right IP range (192.168.blah blah), default gateway (router IP), and DNS server entries (adelphia communications DNS servers).

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
Derived Class
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Derived Class »

Skater_dusto wrote:This isn't taboo dumbass, I've been on there plenty of times. Maybe you're just too dumb to follow speud's tutorials. I mean he lays them out plain and simple. Read what he says, DO what he says and you'll be on there.

Derived Class, that wasn't directed at you btw. Hopefully you get your BBA connected properly... lucky bugger. I wish I had one. :P
thanks skater... trying to :)

Xbox GT - Derived Class
Xbox, Dreamcast Gamer

Derived Class Is A Geek
qw3rty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by qw3rty »

Which model do you have ? (HIT-0400 or HIT-0300)
Online-gaming ONLY works with the HIT-0400 !
If you bought the HIT-0300-Adapter, you got screwed ;)