MS scanning Xbox HD's for illegal software?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Neopunk
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Neopunk »

It's not like they are going to hunt you down just for having a modded Xbox. :?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Neopunk wrote:It's not like they are going to hunt you down just for having a modded Xbox. :?
No but they can ban you from Live, for not keeping to the TOC.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

At the end of the day, small print screws you over.

Complaining wont do a thing. So, are you expecting me to tell you all to stfu now?

Well Im not, instead make a folder on your hdds called Copied Games and put goatse in it. Youll never see their reaction, but at least you can rest easy at night, knowing that although your privacy is being violated, somebody had to see an overly stretched asshole while doing it.
Barnolde
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Barnolde »

I've been on XBL quite a bit in the past few days, and it still works fine. I have all my stuff on my F drive. I heard that this was merely something to scan HDs and see how people use them (custom soundtracks and whatnot). I buy my games and back them up (I have a crappy Thomson) so I don't see why MS has a problem with that, they should be going after the Asian countries where piracy is rampant.
AIM: Barnolde
XBL: Barnolde
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Barnolde wrote:they should be going after the Asian countries where piracy is rampant.
I think you'll find MS go after people in countries where the courts give a crap about copyright infringement because it means theyre not necessarily wasting their time and money.