Nintendo vs. Sega BoR

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.

Who should be the first SEGA character to enter the fray?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Super Sonic
9%
Sonic
66%
Knuckles
9%
Shadow
16%

Total votes: 32
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

Sonic was on the Game.Com before the NGPC I think, though the Game.Com wasnt much of a system so you may want to erase it from your mind :wink:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

In a lot of ways, the Game.com was the predecessor to the N-Gage. An attempt by an outside electronics company to break into the handheld gaming arena with a feature-overloaded multipurpose handheld device.

Difference is, Game.com actually had some hard-hitting titles lined up, at least in the beginning. Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Duke Nukem 3D, Castlevania (they were doing an SotN port that only got about half-finished), etc., all names that really meant something back in '97 when it came out. ...Problem is, it just didn't sell. A lot of gamers don't like a bunch of extra features getting in the way (or at least they didn't back then), plus the thing was rather large...and the screen would fade if you left it out in the sun.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

sony mascot= jak and daxter me thinks
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

DaMadFiddler wrote:In a lot of ways, the Game.com was the predecessor to the N-Gage. An attempt by an outside electronics company to break into the handheld gaming arena with a feature-overloaded multipurpose handheld device.

Difference is, Game.com actually had some hard-hitting titles lined up, at least in the beginning. Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Duke Nukem 3D, Castlevania (they were doing an SotN port that only got about half-finished), etc., all names that really meant something back in '97 when it came out. ...Problem is, it just didn't sell. A lot of gamers don't like a bunch of extra features getting in the way (or at least they didn't back then), plus the thing was rather large...and the screen would fade if you left it out in the sun.
The bigger problem was it was crap & had screen blur unrivalled by even the most primitive screens known to man
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

But you had to love Duke Nukem on that thing, that and RE2. Here's my update: After DCsteve's "moment of intuition," I huddled down in my little "batcave" and I dished out my little friend Mario. I implemented his "1-2-3" combo, his fireball, and for the special, his tornado spin move ALL with voice thanks to some clever WAV capturing by me. He looks and sounds pretty dang cool and I would have some screenshots for you if I knew how to take pictures from DOS. Well in any case, I'm going to start working on the main character for the "Alpha" I'm dubbing it and It looks like Sonic will be the one. Keep voting until Friday and Saturday, I'll tell you guys who will face off against Mario. Now if I can figure out where I can get some Sonic voices from. :) Later guys!
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Mario is in the fray! With SCREEN SHOTS BAAAABEEE!

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well, after a little pow wow with my "emotional mentor" DCsteve, I managed to implement my good pal Mario as an opponent to SEGA.

Right now he's at 90% complete, I have to add one more attack to him and he'll be done. Here are the screenshots:

Image I am going to improve this one visually, that's for sure!

I would have shots of the fireball, but when you're fighting people, you just can't see it too good. Maybe I'll have to work on visually improving it eventually.

Oh, what the heck, here it is:

Now to work on Mushroom Kingdom and all its "goodies."
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Mario is finished, moving on to the enemies and stage work

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well, I finally finished up Mario at 5:50am in the morning. I added in the jump kick and it's a whole lot better to actually battle the bikers :) Today, I'm going to work on enemies and stage work and by that time, Saturday will roll in here and I will announce who will be fighting Mario in this one on one battle.
Here are some more screenshots of Mario in action:

btw, thanks to DCsteve for getting me the Windows Beta so I can actually take these screen caps!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Just some things to point out...

Post by kungpow12345 »

Here's what I decided so far on about this mod:

* The theme song will be Superstar by Saliva just to add some taste to the title.
* There will probably be 6 players per side. As I get further along with production, I'll let you know if that number increases or decreases.
* This game will probably have a lot of Sonic based characters in it, like I said before, I'm going to try to get some more icons in there you may like or not like and see how they're going to do in there.
* The Alpha will probably make its release 2 weeks from now at about....10% done.

Hope you guys like what I'm dishing out so far and I'm going to dish out a lot more here soon.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

I think it was evitable, but here is Sonic!

Post by kungpow12345 »

Thinking to where Sonic has a HUGE margin right now in the votes, I went ahead and made him a HERO! :) Right now he's at about 50%, needing to add his special and freespecial. The free special is going to be a dash where Sonic runs over a line of enemies and the special is...you'll just have to see it when I release the "alpha." Here are some screenshots of Sonic in-game:

I guess you can call this "bumping" the forums! :roll: I talked with Ian Michael and he said he could make a custom BoR selector so that you guys can pick which side you want to be on. I think that's some good news right there.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

GBA or Genesis?

Post by kungpow12345 »

One of my best friends pointed out to me that I should use the GBA sonic from Sonic Battle because he uses actual moves. Which Sonic do you think I should use? The GBA sonic or do the one I have been doing with the Genesis one? I need suggestions!