BEATS of RAGE TMNT MOD Demo now out.

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impetus »

that would be the BEATS OF RAGE part. :wink:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

raphael On polls is the lest fav turtle Which leaves him open to do what ever i can think up with him hehe.

Like i said Demo of one level will come first so people know what it's going to be like it has the full Turtle intro from the snes game plus the story intro and other things with music.

I can say each level takes about 4 to 5 weeks to finshs if you put in a lot of effort.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

im sure that after the first level, the rest will become much easier and go by faster.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Ive had to learn how to use photo shop and audio mixing software and the edit pack it's self. And not just replacing things but making a new level is pretty hard till you get the hang of how it works ive looked at the source more then the the FAQ some times.

Like for having a boss shooting a gun and flying up and having moves etc.

Edit pack does not really show you that at all.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Ah... I'm assuming the first boss is Baxter then?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

That would be correct. Ive been working on it since i last posted nonstop 5 or 6 hours now.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Ian Micheal wrote:raphael On polls is the lest fav turtle Which leaves him open to do what ever i can think up with him hehe.
Maybe he walked into the wrong bar, and somehow didn't notice all the various footsoldiers until it was too late?
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Reminds me of the episode where Mike "craves pizza no more", Alex, lmao. He goes into a pizzeria and gets ambushed while he's drinking a soda. Well, anyway...Ian, how can you have such strong commitment? I love you man! You are an inspiration to us all. Just curious though...did you make the movement a little faster? It wouldn't feel like a TMNT game if the turtles moved like in SOR/BOR. Please keep up the good work, and if possible, could you release the demo in Nero format? I'm sorry, but I'm an idiot when it comes to replacing files in a game, etc. Please do it for the little guy, ha ha ha. Thanks man.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Reminds me of the episode where Mike "craves pizza no more", Alex, lmao. He goes into a pizzeria and gets ambushed while he's drinking a soda.
that's a great episode! hehe
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

yeah, I know! I got it on tape..he he he!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I can't wait for the pilot episodes DVD coming out... yay.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah They move a lot faster I will release it in nero form for ya when the demo comes out got computer trouble again with viruses so cant do much till i fix it. thought i had it fixed but it's come back again.

I might not be on the forums for a few days.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

woah! That was posted yesterday but I see you online now! :D

Anyway, I think I've posted this already but if not, good luck with this. This mod will indeed be great! :mrgreen: Good work Ian!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

good luck
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

I cant wait!! Where is there gonna be a beta

one level release??
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

i liked all TMNT games !
they all rocked so much, i'll make damn sure to get your BOR mod !
sorry for not reading the rest of the 7 pages before asking, i just didn't knew something like bor existed, played it now, its awesome, so i can't wait for your mod to come out !

also...
i can say that something as in like th emovie can happen to him.
getting ambushed by footsoldiers is always his ego getting pummelled back to death. i like his attitude, but if he's not in... then so be it, at least make him n unlockable character. so i'm gonna be able to play as him !

i like the intro as well... if you took the one on SNES, then its probably based on charcaters form TURTLES IN TIME ! if so i like that intro a lot, really like the original tv series !

GOOD LUCK DUDE !
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well Ive got the intro and the story of why he is missing done now. The one level demo will be out today if every thing goes well. Im hoping Any way.

People are asking for it in iso format well I think it's better just as a Sbi or some think since this is a demo of one level of my mod it's not worth a full cd at this stage. Included will be the Bor engine with the changed path to tmnt.pak. So you can use it on a cd with the Real game beat's of rage as well.

I hope people like it and will enjoy the full version when i do it. This has been about 4 ot 5 weeks work on and off . Im not fast at photo shop but i think ive become pretty good at it heh.

Every thing goes well a release today.

Im thinking about making a Beats of Rage mod loader Simpler then Dream Inducer were you can put 5 or 6 or more Bor mods on a cd and use it to load them and then exit back to the menu And load the next mod with out geting up from your chair.
Dreamcast forever!!!
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Really nice Ian !

At least there's no other mods like yours, i am looking forward to see your mod !

Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I have released a demo level for this Beats of rage TMNT mod, so people can see the progress. You can only choose Mike at the moment, and 2 player does work, but you get Mike in black on the 2nd player mode. There are a few rough areas but as i go I will smooth them all out. Have fun! Remember this is a 1 level demo to show some progress for every one waiting. Provide's story screen and intro and music for the intro and level and boss.

Please read the txt files that come with the download. This is a plain files, release and included is the Bor engine, i compiled that reads this mod from a new path for example /cd/tmnt.bor. and not /cd/bor.pak both can now be on the one sbi cd with out hexediting.

http://www.c99.org/~shinji_ikari256/tmnt_mod/index.htm

check the readme and website for thanks credit and copyright notices.

Jessman
when the game is complete i will do a nero image for you. If really needed i can do it for you but i thought it would, be best for people to make a SBI version so i included the plain file release only.

If you wanted to try this on PC,PS2,Xbox you would have to rename this back to bor.pak. It should work on xbox and ps2. it does on the pc version. This is a remake clone turtles mod with a twist it is based on turtles in time with a new story and Should be fun for the whole famly in the end i play to have many unlock-able people in this mod.

Just to let you know.
Dreamcast forever!!!
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

i have just tested it and i must say great mod dude :wink: