Dream On - Dreamcast Game Contest

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impetus »

march 17th, i think
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/

march 17th is correct.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

AH, but what time zone?
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Ender wrote:AH, but what time zone?
::chuckles:: :lol:

Maybe GMT -05:00? (Cyberdog Castle is based in New York, thus Eastern Standard Time... correct?)

I'd say that I couldn't imagine an entry being turned down if it were submitted just before midnight in CST or PST, but, I'm in no position to say such a thing. :wink:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

aisupikku wrote:I'd say that I couldn't imagine an entry being turned down if it were submitted just before midnight in CST or PST, but, I'm in no position to say such a thing. :wink:
Yeah, if an entry was submitted while I was asleep, and I woke up and found it on the 18th, I wouldn't turn it down. :P
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The time zone must be taken in consideration too...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Fragger wrote:The time zone must be taken in consideration too...
Yeah, that's what I was hinting at. I'm in EST, but if someone sent it into me past midnight EST, I'd still accept it - provided it wasn't submitted extremely late, on the 19th in EST time. I don't think there are any time zones that are 24 hours behind. ;)
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

unless i am mistaken there is one on the south pole, i can't remember for sure now but i remember talking about time zones with a guy over seas and he was saying they had a 24 hours delay compared to here(MN), whether it was true or not i don't know but i don't see why he would lie, but for sure i know that japan is like 12 hours ahead of us or something like that.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

pepitonet wrote:i remember talking about time zones with a guy over seas and he was saying they had a 24 hours delay compared to here
According to Windows Date/Time Properties, there is one zone that is six hours behind us, pepito. That felt funny to say. Anyway, it's where Eniwetok, Kwajalein is, and one zone past that would be on the other side of the international date line; I think. So, Fiji would be the only place where another time zone is 24 hours behind them... Wait a second, how in the world can Nuku'Alofa be 13 hours ahead but not 11 hours behind?

Er... So anyway; if you're attempting to submit your contest entry from the island of Nuku'Alofa at 5:59 PM on March 18th, you'd still technically be getting it in by the 17th! :lol:

Whoa! Ha ha; Fairly OT, but, I just remembered that in my dream last night, I had a custom rank level with custom rank graphic as well... I was like, "hmm; guess I won't have to worry about finding out what's after that [Insane DCEmu], anymore!" :lol:

Not quite sure of what caused that...
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Hey,

As MetaFox already said, basically if he has it by the morning of the 18th, I don't think that he'll turn it down. Don't take that as license to slack on your game until the 17th at 11:00 though :wink:

I also wanted to reiterate this -- if your game is not complete by the final date of the contest, don't just give up! Gary and I want to publish whatever quality stuff that we can, and just because you don't win the DreamON contest doesn't mean that it's over. There will be more oppurtunities for more stuff down the road.

Lastly, regardless of if you win or lose or if your game is even entered, if you are interested in showing your game off at the Midwest Gaming Classic, please fire me an email or PM and tell me before the end of March. We plan on having as many Dreamcast's set up playing games as possible (I've bought another 10 or so to add to my collection of about 10 that I had just for this purpose... Now I need monitors / TVs :? ) What it will come down to is getting enough screenage and setting everything up.

Good luck again everyone!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

There's no chance that I'll have anything ready by March 17th. I might have something (probably just a demo) later than that though. Depends on how much work Uni turns out to be through March.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Man, dRxL just announced on Consolevision that he won't have anything by the contest deadline, either. Jeez. Is anyone else having traumatic flashbacks to Fall 2001 and all the Dreamcast game cancellations and "push backs" we saw back then from commercial games? The horror...the horror....

...word is bondage...
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

:cry: :cry: :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

We're at the final stretch. Just 16 days left in the contest. Give it everything you've got. :)

I'll explain the submission part now. Any entrants will be accepted from today until March 17 (11:59PM in any time zone - I won't turn away an entry if it shows up in my mailbox while I'm sleeping ;)). Send an email to mickey@cyberdogcastle.com and I'll set up an FTP account for you to upload your game.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

sent an email about my new game i hope to make the deadline i should by about the 16 it's no longer a quiz game that was damaged i cant fix it for the contest.

New game is prolly better in the end.
Dreamcast forever!!!
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

please still release the other one though, i enjoyed it
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

I have some bad news. Due to things coming up in the lives of the people working on REEB, the deadline won't be met. The sound guy is having problems getting the audio recorded and sent to me, and my computer has been crashing repeatedly. With the rush, the artwork hasn't been looking quite as good as I wanted it to either. So we're pushing back the release. But trust me, it's better this way, as the finished product will be much better.

Should be out within the next month or two.

Good luck to everybody else in the contest.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Ok Ive finshed Whispered secrets (MCSA) Just have to upload it now. It's as good as i could do with all the troubles i had with my computers.

Hope some people injoy it's old style chose your own adventure.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

(MCSA)
? What does that mean?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

This is the real final stretch now. :)

I've had some people say that my e-mail account bounced back for them, so you can also PM me here, at Consolevision, at Boob, or at Cryptic Allusion before the 17th, and I'll set up an FTP account for you as well.

The option to send an e-mail to mickey@cyberdogcastle.com is also still open. :)