DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:15 pm 
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

march 17th, i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:57 pm 
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/

march 17th is correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:08 pm 
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

AH, but what time zone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:47 am 
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Ender wrote:
AH, but what time zone?

::chuckles:: :lol:

Maybe GMT -05:00? (Cyberdog Castle is based in New York, thus Eastern Standard Time... correct?)

I'd say that I couldn't imagine an entry being turned down if it were submitted just before midnight in CST or PST, but, I'm in no position to say such a thing. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:57 am 
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

aisupikku wrote:
I'd say that I couldn't imagine an entry being turned down if it were submitted just before midnight in CST or PST, but, I'm in no position to say such a thing. :wink:

Yeah, if an entry was submitted while I was asleep, and I woke up and found it on the 18th, I wouldn't turn it down. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:24 am 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

The time zone must be taken in consideration too...

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 pm 
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Fragger wrote:
The time zone must be taken in consideration too...

Yeah, that's what I was hinting at. I'm in EST, but if someone sent it into me past midnight EST, I'd still accept it - provided it wasn't submitted extremely late, on the 19th in EST time. I don't think there are any time zones that are 24 hours behind. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:44 pm 
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

unless i am mistaken there is one on the south pole, i can't remember for sure now but i remember talking about time zones with a guy over seas and he was saying they had a 24 hours delay compared to here(MN), whether it was true or not i don't know but i don't see why he would lie, but for sure i know that japan is like 12 hours ahead of us or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:49 pm 
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

pepitonet wrote:
i remember talking about time zones with a guy over seas and he was saying they had a 24 hours delay compared to here

According to Windows Date/Time Properties, there is one zone that is six hours behind us, pepito. That felt funny to say. Anyway, it's where Eniwetok, Kwajalein is, and one zone past that would be on the other side of the international date line; I think. So, Fiji would be the only place where another time zone is 24 hours behind them... Wait a second, how in the world can Nuku'Alofa be 13 hours ahead but not 11 hours behind?

Er... So anyway; if you're attempting to submit your contest entry from the island of Nuku'Alofa at 5:59 PM on March 18th, you'd still technically be getting it in by the 17th! :lol:

Whoa! Ha ha; Fairly OT, but, I just remembered that in my dream last night, I had a custom rank level with custom rank graphic as well... I was like, "hmm; guess I won't have to worry about finding out what's after that [Insane DCEmu], anymore!" :lol:

Not quite sure of what caused that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:28 am 
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Hey,

As MetaFox already said, basically if he has it by the morning of the 18th, I don't think that he'll turn it down. Don't take that as license to slack on your game until the 17th at 11:00 though :wink:

I also wanted to reiterate this -- if your game is not complete by the final date of the contest, don't just give up! Gary and I want to publish whatever quality stuff that we can, and just because you don't win the DreamON contest doesn't mean that it's over. There will be more oppurtunities for more stuff down the road.

Lastly, regardless of if you win or lose or if your game is even entered, if you are interested in showing your game off at the Midwest Gaming Classic, please fire me an email or PM and tell me before the end of March. We plan on having as many Dreamcast's set up playing games as possible (I've bought another 10 or so to add to my collection of about 10 that I had just for this purpose... Now I need monitors / TVs :? ) What it will come down to is getting enough screenage and setting everything up.

Good luck again everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:31 am 
DC Developer
DC Developer

There's no chance that I'll have anything ready by March 17th. I might have something (probably just a demo) later than that though. Depends on how much work Uni turns out to be through March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:35 pm 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Man, dRxL just announced on Consolevision that he won't have anything by the contest deadline, either. Jeez. Is anyone else having traumatic flashbacks to Fall 2001 and all the Dreamcast game cancellations and "push backs" we saw back then from commercial games? The horror...the horror....

...word is bondage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:14 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

:cry: :cry: :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:57 am 
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

We're at the final stretch. Just 16 days left in the contest. Give it everything you've got. :)

I'll explain the submission part now. Any entrants will be accepted from today until March 17 (11:59PM in any time zone - I won't turn away an entry if it shows up in my mailbox while I'm sleeping ;)). Send an email to mailto:mickey@cyberdogcastle.com and I'll set up an FTP account for you to upload your game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:28 pm 
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

sent an email about my new game i hope to make the deadline i should by about the 16 it's no longer a quiz game that was damaged i cant fix it for the contest.

New game is prolly better in the end.

Join the Muppet posse!
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=54866

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:13 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

please still release the other one though, i enjoyed it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:08 pm 
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

I have some bad news. Due to things coming up in the lives of the people working on REEB, the deadline won't be met. The sound guy is having problems getting the audio recorded and sent to me, and my computer has been crashing repeatedly. With the rush, the artwork hasn't been looking quite as good as I wanted it to either. So we're pushing back the release. But trust me, it's better this way, as the finished product will be much better.

Should be out within the next month or two.

Good luck to everybody else in the contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:37 am 
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Ok Ive finshed Whispered secrets (MCSA) Just have to upload it now. It's as good as i could do with all the troubles i had with my computers.

Hope some people injoy it's old style chose your own adventure.

Join the Muppet posse!
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=54866

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:20 am 
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Quote:
(MCSA)

? What does that mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:04 am 
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

This is the real final stretch now. :)

I've had some people say that my e-mail account bounced back for them, so you can also PM me here, at Consolevision, at Boob, or at Cryptic Allusion before the 17th, and I'll set up an FTP account for you as well.

The option to send an e-mail to mailto:mickey@cyberdogcastle.com is also still open. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next