Dream On - Dreamcast Game Contest

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FETUS »

kinda has an earthworm jim look
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hey I would love to lend my artist experties to any one of you who makes a game or who would just love ot have a cd cover for teir game (I really wana do one for BC because I think a hand drewn look would be great).Iam not very good at computer art.However I am very good at hand drewn or anything like that.So just let me know.

NOTE:Hey bc sorry I oculdnt make art for the game I had a lot to do and not a lot of time ot do it...sorry.Also I think a aged look would be good for the cover (if you want one).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Im writting a quiz game about gaming in the style of the tv shows . Im going to release it on my site soon but if it is ok and you like it i would enter it. Ive coded it and written it. And my wife is doing the graifx. Im doing the bad voice acting lol.

coming along well. Be a version to play soon.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

lol, I can't wait to hear the bad "Ian-O-Vision" voices :D
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Ian Micheal wrote:Im writting a quiz game about gaming in the style of the tv shows . Im going to release it on my site soon but if it is ok and you like it i would enter it. Ive coded it and written it. And my wife is doing the graifx. Im doing the bad voice acting lol.

Hey, if you want to enter it, be my guest. I promise I'll keep our differences out of the contest when voting as well. I haven't been online in a few days, and when I came back I was a bit shocked to see that you released an original homebrew game. You definately earned some respect from me from that.

I must say that I agree with toastman that I'm glad to see you taking steps to release things on your own. And, if you decide to release this commercially outside of the contest, don't hesitate to PM me. I've gone through a lot of the hoops and barrels for working towards commercial Dreamcast game releases, and I could definately give you some advice to make your experience less bumpy than mine has been.
Last edited by MetaFox on Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Nice to see so much interest in the Scene too :)
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

impetus wrote:click here

:) I will say nothing.
Isn't that the Worminator?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

MetaFox wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Im writting a quiz game about gaming in the style of the tv shows . Im going to release it on my site soon but if it is ok and you like it i would enter it. Ive coded it and written it. And my wife is doing the graifx. Im doing the bad voice acting lol.

Hey, if you want to enter it, be my guest. I promise I'll keep our differences out of the contest when voting as well. I haven't been online in a few days, and when I came back I was a bit shocked to see that you released an original homebrew game. You definately earned some respect from me from that.

I must say that I agree with toastman that I'm glad to see you taking steps to release things on your own. And, if you decide to release this commercially outside of the contest, don't hesitate to PM me. I've gone through a lot of the hoops and barrels for working towards commercial Dreamcast game releases, and I could definately give you some advice to make your experience less bumpy than mine has been.
I would make a New contest version so it has a better impact for your mag. Never been played etc. And It would be a lot better demo i had to get out for my birthday today wanted to make it for it so the demo version is pretty cut up but you can play and finsh it and it is complete game.

Yeah Tell me what i have to do to enter I forget And i will give it a go.

Thanks Metafox.

Good luck to every one. The contest version i will pile on the polish it's a little lacking right now but still a bit of fun the way it is.

I will prolly contact you on it As well since you been throu it. Pm you soon my birthday today relaxing .
Dreamcast forever!!!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

WillSams wrote:

you guessed it !
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Metafox you need to try and fit Shikigami no shiro 2 in your avatar remember ;)
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

i don't see one for his own game
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

WillSams wrote:

Kick ass.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I have no talent except my voice
if you need voices ask me I do animals too but that's beside the point
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

The Kron wrote:Metafox you need to try and fit Shikigami no shiro 2 in your avatar remember ;)
JuniorCrb wrote:i don't see one for his own game
Ack - my avatar is going to be bursting. Too much goodness all at once. :D

* MetaFox goes to add in the games to his already scrunched avatar. :P
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

FETUS wrote:I have no talent except my voice
if you need voices ask me I do animals too but that's beside the point
..... I'm not sure if I should ask. But I'm hoping it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the "Squeal like a Pig" bit in Deliverance :o
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

it quite too quite :o (no one's posted anything new) :o
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I'm proud to announce that the Dream On contest now has a new sponser, The Goat Store. This is the company who published Feet Of Fury. They have agreed to publish the winner from the contest, promote and sell it at the Midwest Classic Convention, as well as promote it in radio ads that are being done for the contest this year.

They are also interested in publishing the entries in the contest that do not win. This is a very exciting turn of events, as The Goat Store is interested in establishing a Dreamcast commercial community as much as I am.

The Updated FAQ, with the change of sponser and other information.

[url=mailto:loosen@goatstore.com]loosen@goatstore.com[/url] for any questions pertaining to The Goat Store
[url=mailto:mickey@cyberdogcastle.com]mickey@cyberdogcastle.com[/url] for general questions about the contest
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

MetaFox wrote:I'm proud to announce that the Dream On contest now has a new sponser, The Goat Store. This is the company who published Feet Of Fury. They have agreed to publish the winner from the contest, promote and sell it at the Midwest Classic Convention, as well as promote it in radio ads that are being done for the contest this year.

They are also interested in publishing the entries in the contest that do not win. This is a very exciting turn of events, as The Goat Store is interested in establishing a Dreamcast commercial community as much as I am.

The Updated FAQ, with the change of sponser and other information.

[url=mailto:loosen@goatstore.com]loosen@goatstore.com[/url] for any questions pertaining to The Goat Store
[url=mailto:mickey@cyberdogcastle.com]mickey@cyberdogcastle.com[/url] for general questions about the contest
This is great news for the DC and the scene. :)
Regards.

CyberMick.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

:P That is excellent news!!!!
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Thanks much! We hope that the scene explodes and we're releasing games every week. The Dreamcast never deserved to die, and we want to prove it! I absolutely love my Dreamcast, and I'm super excited to help as many Dream ON projects as possible come to the actual DC market.

I'm completely open to any questions from any teams or anyone. You can post them here, PM me or email me at loosen@goatstore.com I probably won't check too many more threads on here because I'm members of about a million message boards that I don't get to as it is...

Let's all continue to Dream ON!!