a few questions

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
AOClaus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a few questions

Post by AOClaus »

first off, i know there is a way to make the games on this site self boot. and i also know that normally it takes some sort of modchip to use burned playstation emultors and other software ect. but is there a way to make selfbooting psx games so that you don't have to use the modchip?

second question, does anyone know of an emulator that will let you play dreamcast games on ps2 or xbox?

third has anyone thought about making programs that can be used on the xbox and installed onto the harddrive?

thanks for any answers to these questions.
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a few questions

Post by Hawq1 »

AOClaus wrote: first off, i know there is a way to make the games on this site self boot. and i also know that normally it takes some sort of modchip to use burned playstation emultors and other software ect. but is there a way to make selfbooting psx games so that you don't have to use the modchip?
Use DC Factory, its an idiot proof burning tool. As for the PSX I think there's a boot disk for it but I can't remember who its by, maybe a Gameshark would work? but as far as selfbooting them goes you need a chip or an early machine that can do the disc swap method (this isn't really recommended though as it can knacker the motor).
second question, does anyone know of an emulator that will let you play dreamcast games on ps2 or xbox?
There is no DC emu for any system, no CD or DVD drive can read the DC's GD-Roms.
third has anyone thought about making programs that can be used on the xbox and installed onto the harddrive?
The XBox hasn't been cracked yet so even if people are thinking about it, it cant be done yet.
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188