Doom 2 CD

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Kanada23
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Doom 2 CD

Post by Kanada23 »

Has anyone been able to get their Doom 2 CD to work with DCDoom? When I get to the menu that allows you to select what version you want to play, I take out my DCDoom CD and put in my Doom 2 CD. But when I hit start, it only shows the loading screen for a split second then goes right back to the menu. From that point, it does the same thing even if I select the shareware(which does work fine normally). Any ideas?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I never actually burned this, but I think you have to take the wad file off your doom2 cd and put it on the cd you boot with.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by infinite-nothing »

you can o that thats what i did but you are also supposed to be able to read the wad file directly fromthe doom cd sorry but i cant realy help
"your best......your best, losers always whine about there best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen"-Sean Connery"-
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

My old Doom2 CD swapped in there perfectly...
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Yea..

Post by Miko »

Hey i've had the same crap problem and that's just what it is, a problem.
Try it again just next time wait for your Doom 2 cd to spin then click the button to load it.

Good luck

Michael Barclay
DNR
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DNR »

I also have this problem. I load doom.elf to my dc over the coders cable, so I can see some additional info when DoomDC is trying to load a particular .WAD.

The strange thing is, when I put in my Doom II cd and try to start the game, there appears a message: "couldn't open /cd/doom2.wad", while it SHOULD look for "/cd/doom2cd/doom2.wad"

So, I kinda guess it is a bug in the program...