NES Buckle

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NES Buckle

Post by SupraMario »

You can see pictures of the new NES belt buckle I did at the ebay auction I have going for it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=15661
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Oh crap.. thats pretty cool.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Dude thats cool :D
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by infinite-nothing »

dude sweet .......het anyone rember that show from way back in the day, i cant remeber wat is was called, this kid got sucked into his video games and he had a belt like that nd he could pause time in the game with it lol
"your best......your best, losers always whine about there best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen"-Sean Connery"-
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

Pretty sweet, heh. But what is this: "mario", "studded", "punk", "emo". May I ask why in the hell these words appear anywhere in the auction, let alone the header?
- Interesting.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

So the auction gets more hits from jerkeys looking up emo, punk, hot topic, mario, and studded.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Ronin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ronin »

infinite-nothing wrote:dude sweet .......het anyone rember that show from way back in the day, i cant remeber wat is was called, this kid got sucked into his video games and he had a belt like that nd he could pause time in the game with it lol
Captain Nintendo
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Listen, man...I used to knock on auctions that did that all the time. But since everyone does it, it has become the only way to go. When in Rome, we do as the Romans do.
beerbaron
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by beerbaron »

Ronin wrote:
infinite-nothing wrote:dude sweet .......het anyone rember that show from way back in the day, i cant remeber wat is was called, this kid got sucked into his video games and he had a belt like that nd he could pause time in the game with it lol
Captain Nintendo
I'm pritty sure it was "Captain N: The Gamemaster"

I remember I did a survey for it for some company that rated kids shows.

also, the belt needs a holdster for the Zapper :)
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Talking about Captain N - I have a comic book of Captain N that I got from Nintendo World Championships in 1990. :P

I barely remember the show - the comic brought some of that back to my memory.
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by X525 »

holy crap...thas cool...lol...
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Woah! That's awesome!!

And yeah, I imediately started thinking about captain N when I saw that pic. Oh man, memories...
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I dig it, but thats far too much to pay for a belt buckle.

I think I'll make one. I have far too many NES controllers lying around to justify buying another one, even if it is on a belt =)

Will regular epoxy glue bond steel and plastic?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

That's why it's worth it to spend the bucks on it. We started the auction low and everything...never intended to rip anyone off. My point is the craftsmanship of the buckling mechanism. I'll take a picture of the back for you when I get home from school. Might help you a little.
Ronin
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ronin »

Captain N it is :lol:
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

SupraMario wrote:That's why it's worth it to spend the bucks on it. We started the auction low and everything...never intended to rip anyone off. My point is the craftsmanship of the buckling mechanism. I'll take a picture of the back for you when I get home from school. Might help you a little.
You not ripping people off if they are willing to pay it.

Insane folks make it too expensive for us simple folk though.... I just lost a nice Super 8 camera to some jackass who sniped it for like $15 more at the 4 or 5 second mark.

My plan for the buckle was to take just the metal buckle, stick it on the back of the NES controller, heat it up (sodering iron?), and melt it into the controller's plastic. Then snap the buckle off the controller (if its stuck at all) and use epoxy to create an air-tight seal.

But I'm interested to see how you did it =)
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Unph@zed
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Unph@zed »

hehe. Hot Topic. I knew I recognized that belt. I used to work there... not a bad place to work, if you like getting -10 hours every two weeks and minimum wage to start with. "But you get 40% off everything!". Which I can pay off with what? The money that grows out my ass?

Anyhow, to what I really wanted to say. Anyone ever watch all the NES cartoons that used to be on? You know, the one where Mario was some wrestler dude (I can't remember the guy's name) and they watched cartoons of Mario, Zelda, and a few others?

I miss that show...

BTW, nice idea man. I hadn't thought of it before... but it's not bad... very original. Guarantee you'll see a LOT of copies of it in the near future... better start customizing yours ;).
"Some day I'll figure out something to go here"

http://eyeofinsanity.doesntexist.com
finite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by finite »

Unph@zed wrote:Anyhow, to what I really wanted to say. Anyone ever watch all the NES cartoons that used to be on? You know, the one where Mario was some wrestler dude (I can't remember the guy's name) and they watched cartoons of Mario, Zelda, and a few others?

I miss that show...
Swing your arms from side to side
Come on it's time to go
Do the Mario!

Take one step and then again...

I assume that's the one you meant? Heh, yeah used to watch that all the time, even though I was a Master System boy. ;)
Sonikusan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Sonikusan »

I think it's over-priced, man. For a friggin nes controller with no guts.
TheGreatCraig
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheGreatCraig »

Holy crap... Who'd have thought people would actually pay 31 US dollars for that... No offense its a cool idea but I'd never pay that much for it, let alone wear it.
"Die Turtles!!!!!!!!!"