XP upgraded from ME..

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XP upgraded from ME..

Post by Enki-14 »

I recently have upgraded from ME to XP. I didn't really have all the patches and updates for ME from micros site. Everything seemed cool for a while, but I have run into some probs that I am having a hard time fixing. I have nero burning rom v5. and everytime I try to use it , I get a .dll error and a screen saying I'm missing a driver for it. I have tried to un-install nero and re-install it, but I still had some probs. For now I have un-installed it again, and will leave it un-installed until I find out how to correct my prob.
My anti-virus program also doesn't work, I get a path error, Then I get asked if I want to continue to run scripts on that page. I have un-installed my anit-virus program too, for now. Could these probs be from not having all the updates for ME before going to XP? I have all the updates for XP thus far. Is/did anyone else have probs like this?
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

For nero you should to upgrade to v5.5 on top of WINXP suport, it offers DVD recording and MP3PRO. Depending on your anti-virus, theres probably a patch or upgrade on their site for XP aswell.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

Thanks for the tip. I did get my virus software to work today. I had some things that were customized wrong and thats where my prob was coming from. I'm going to try to re-install nero again. I hope that the prob is similar so I can get around it easily.
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

Well good luck, the problem is that XP is much more NT (2k) than 9X and essentially emulates features to run 9X software. People who upgraded to 95 from 3.11 way back when will remember simular conflicts on their systems.