Why is this so cheap?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why is this so cheap?

Post by El Dokteer »

Aopen GF2 MX400 64MB DDR $99

Keep in mind that's 99$ Canadian, so around 62$ US. WHY is this GF2 MX 400 DD FREAKIN R so cheap? What is Aopen? The Abit just above it in the shop is more expensive for an SDR version.
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

GF2 MX400 are pretty good cards.

The reason that it'd be cheap is because GeForce 3 is becoming more popular and GeForce 4 is out (i think) so now they're trying to sell off the GeForce 2 cards to make way for main stream GF3 cards.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

The Videologic Vivid!XS is probably about $20 cheaper if you can find it. It's faster than the MX unless you have games that use T&L. It's not got brilliant specs... it just doesn't shade anything that isn't in view (according to this article) making it a lot faster than it should be :)

Plus it's the 2nd sequel to the Dreamcasts GFX card, so be patriotic to the DC :lol: ;)
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I was thinking about getting a GF2 MX to replace this *cough*3dfx *coughcough* graphics card in the machine but if the Videologic cards are cheaper for a similar performance I might look into them.. I only need standard DirectX compatibility; nothing fancy.