what is your most favorite game EVER?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pavelbure »

it would have to be age of empires II. even though i stink online it still is fun to play offline. civ III was good and ffvI
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
StraitJack
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by StraitJack »

street fighter II arcade best game in the history of man

Civ II PC best strategy game ever

Dragon Force saturn best tactic game ever

FF6 best RPG

Ridge Racer PSX best racing game ever

ISS n64 best footie game ever

i KNOW you said one game but were all afficionados and can not abide by such constraints!!!!1
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Yeah. It is "Laughing out Loud" It was never "Laugh out Loud"
I was on AOL when during the inception of these expressions.
Hong Kong people ?twaaaaa??2002-4-17
Faith Alone
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Faith Alone »

Maniac Mansion :D
Syd and Razorr 0wned j00!
Hamster + Syd/Razor + microwave = fun fun fun (l-:
i like how they censored the nintendo port but still had violence and sex jokes in it.
hee hee fish diver (l-:
/me giggles like a little school girl
honestly, i couldn't care less about you or anyone else
-Misanthropic Faith
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Covert Action on PC

Sonic Series on console

Arcade = WWF Wrestlefest

Best wrestling game = WWF No Mercy

Best game ever generally would probably be.... well I don't have one.. when I do I change my mind the next second but I'm going with Skool Daze :)
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

Faith Alone wrote: Maniac Mansion :D
Syd and Razorr 0wned j00!
Hamster + Syd/Razor + microwave = fun fun fun (l-:
i like how they censored the nintendo port but still had violence and sex jokes in it.
hee hee fish diver (l-:
/me giggles like a little school girl
when i first heard of maniac mansion i thought it was some sort of kids game. now i know. i'll have to play it sometime soon. just so many games to play!!!

I HAVEN'T FINISHED MYST III!!! i got it before i got the dreamcast... now i don't play it!!! (the other problem is that it runs like crap so i have to reboot to windows 95 to play it properly, ugh)
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

StraitJack wrote: i KNOW you said one game but were all afficionados and can not abide by such constraints!!!!1
but you can only pick one game!!!

put it this way... the world is gonna end and it's gonna be barren and you're gonna be the last person here. the person destroying the planet (god?) decided to let you stay here alive and he would give you a video game system and ONE video game to play.

what video game would you play? remember, there will be no other videogames EVER!!!

with that said, i've completely changed the rules sorta. since i love last express to no end, it's not the kind of game that you can play over and over again, and not the one i would want to be stranded on earth with. so i would have to pick super mario world instead.
2livecrew4ever
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 2livecrew4ever »

i have never spent more time playing a game than nfl2k1 online......damn i was fn hooked to that bigtime :wink:
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Difficult.

Shenmue, I think, was the greatest game experience I've had, or at least the most profound. It was also short, and once I played it through I didn't feel the need to play it again. I have shenmue 2, but I'm afraid to start it. It's like I don't think I'm worthy.

But I'm not sure if I can say it's my favorite. Castlevania: SOTN was amazing and also held my interest for much longer than Shenmue did, just because there was so much to explore. But it didn't lose myself in it like I did with Shenmue.

The Street Fighter series gave rise to thousands of my game hours, but I can't nail down one game as the best.

Or Tekken 2/3. I used to have epic battles with a friend at the local arcade a few years ago. But, there have been better games since, I just have more fond memories of Tekken.

If first person shooters were really my thing I'd probably say Halo, the best mission based FPS (as opposed to Arena style) since Marathon. I mean Marathon 2. Sonnofabitch. Bungie needs to make more games.

Yeah, I'd have to go with Shenmue. The candle that burns twice as brightly lasts half as long, and so forth.

(see my trick? I named several favorites in the course of deliberating the choices, but settled on one.)
leboaoug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by leboaoug »

Final Fantasy 6 (or 3). No question. I have played that game to death. Nothing left to do except do it all over again.
Everything has a fifty percent chance of happening. Either it does or it doesn't. Don't argue with it, just accept it.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

Starcraft - Brood War

1 w1ll 0wn j00 @ll

And I don't like it anymore but, I'll own u in diablo ii-lod in softcore AND hardcore. byatch.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

Hmmmmmmmm... DQ3, DQ5, Fire Pro (any), FFI/IV/VI/IX... those are my choices. I'd have to say... DQ3. It is my favourite game. Definitely. No... Fire Pro. No... DQ. Ok. Dragon Quest 3. I'll post so I don't go back to FPD... and back to DQ3... etc. etc. etc. :D
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

It would end up being a very close call between the PC game "Transport Tycoon" (proving the age-old gameplay-over-graphics theory) or DC "shenmue". As much as I love Shenmue 2, the sheer fact that I bought my dreamcast to play shenmue shows how much I wanted this game; it was the first game I absolutely had to own and play, no matter what, and it was also the first game to make me really say "wow!".
Bling_
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling_ »

Oregon Trail....Baby many hours of my grammer school days wasted on that game....oh no Bling broke his leg...lets go hunting (the highlight of the game)
It's Thinking,
cKy_Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
DAMN RIGHT I'M A SPAMMER!!
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Bling wrote: Oregon Trail....Baby many hours of my grammer school days wasted on that game....oh no Bling broke his leg...lets go hunting (the highlight of the game)
i know i loved that game. i have oregon trail 4 but it doesent play in xp. it played great in 98 though. and the best part, no more idiot classmates taking my pc time. :cry:
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
TheGame
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheGame »

I always liked Oregon Trail, because I would kill of my family and write bad words on their tombstones, then the next kid at school who played it would see the words.
Bling_
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling_ »

the game....u just summoned up my whole 7th and 8th grade years with that statement...
It's Thinking,
cKy_Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
DAMN RIGHT I'M A SPAMMER!!
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

Final Fantasy 6 all the way! (after that, probalby ff4)
Guizzy

Ummm...

Post by Guizzy »

*hesitation*

I can't choose... Sudden Strike (WIN).... Shenmue (DC)....

I'd have to say The Susi Peli (DOS)...... This game is godly and will never be beaten...

It's a freeware; download it and try for yourself!
http://repomanwwf.tripod.com/games/games.html

Ignore the crappy Backstreet Boys music of the site and go to the bottom of the page... You may even want to read the argument between the webmaster and his friend about the game.
If everyone on this planet went the same side and made push-ups, is that going to thrust the planet in space?

This post was graciously offered by Guizzy; Quebec's finest
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Guizzy's back! :wink:
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

hmm my fav game? i'd have to say Qbasic nibbles 8) One of the first PC computer games i've played. never could set the speed quite right though...