Anybody tried this? PS2 mod

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
iatneH
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anybody tried this? PS2 mod

Post by iatneH »

Is it even possible to cut out the "PS2" lettering off the case, and replace them with those glowing blue tube thingies?
I think that would look so sweet, but I don't even know where to begin...I think I'll just spray my case silver today and leave it at that -_-
Peet
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Peet »

Umm.. I don't have a PS2, so I guess I can't say for sure, but I think they PS2 lettering is painted on. If you're skilled (and careful) with masking tape you could probably avoid getting paint on them, but it'd probably be pretty hard.
iatneH
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by iatneH »

Yeah that's what I just did, cut out 1/16" strips from a VHS label and stuck it over the lettering, but I'm wondering I someone could actually cut them out of the case and make glowing neon light lettering

BTW I think one more coat of silver ought to do it for my PS2, then I'll put a clear coat on it
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Well, in essence its the same as adding a window to a case / system. You would need skilled hands to VERY carefully cut away the lettering, which would leave a nice open hole in the shape of the "PS2" logo. Of course, you would need to be running a cutting tool at a low speed to do this to prevent "burning" the plastic. I say bust out the dremel and give it a try.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Actually, now that i think about it, dont do this to your PS2 case, instead, buy a PS2 case off of EBAY and whack away at that, that way, if it doesnt turn out like you had hoped, you havent ruined anything important.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Agent21KGB
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Agent21KGB »

Yeah there are sites selling exactly what you want in kit form. Dunno the address off hand but they do exist.