computer question

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
hosdaboss
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

computer question

Post by hosdaboss »

Is it possible to buy a mac, and load windows as the OS, i like mac's size, but i HATE their OS.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

Um... there used to be a way to make it so that Virtual PC will run as your main OS, and actually run a few MHz faster than your actual processor... but unfortunately I tried this on my G3 400 to no avail. Your best bet is to hack a case for a PC... mine cost me 150$ and it beats ass!

*edit* My computer beats ass i mean... I haven't gotten around to hackin my case yet...
Last edited by El Dokteer on Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

dumbass

Post by SonicBlaze »

NO! The whole point of it being a mac is that it doesn't run windows! PC=machine that can run windows (even though they can have other ones like linux, Unix, etc) Mac=MAC O/S! (technically a Mac is a PC but many find this misleading. And u mgith be able to load windows 3.1 or soemthing if it has been made open source and someone made an emu of it for mac)
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
hosdaboss
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hosdaboss »

thats too bad...oh well, they are overpriced, i could get a pc with twice the features for a little less price
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

You can run Windows 2000 and XP professional on a mac, and you can also run linux. There are windows emulators like the afore mentioned Virtual PC but aren't worth while. You may as well buy a PC. And I'm afraid macs are significantly overpriced and for the same price you can get a very powerful PC...and I'm not anti mac, I like them...I'm just realistic.