Resident Evil Movie Trailer

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Kami
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Resident Evil Movie Trailer

Post by Kami »

its now up at the site

http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/residentevil/

it looks ok.. bad plot to it :/
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

It looks pretty good, although most the reviews I've seen for it say it's fairly crappy. Mila Jovovich shows her bush in the movie, so it can't be all bad.
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by biohazard »

March 15th, eh? Cool. I'll probably see it. You can probably tell by my name that I'm a Resident Evil fan.
Who dares, wins.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Trust me it's bad. There has never and probably will never be a good movie about a video game. If they ever plan to make a Zelda movie, that will be the end of the world for me :!:
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

THE REASON JEEBA THINKS THEY SCREWED UP THE RE MOVIE

RE for PSone was great for one reason. Mystery. The surprise that the mansion was actually a scientific lab and not just a page from a scary movie was the creeper of the game.

In the movie, they give that all away and make it an action movie...

Does anyone agree with me?!! In RE they went to that mansion because the crazy murders in Racoon City led back to the house... not to stop a fukkking corporation... man im p1ssed
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Jeeba Jabba wrote: THE REASON JEEBA THINKS THEY SCREWED UP THE RE MOVIE
Does anyone agree with me?!! In RE they went to that mansion because the crazy murders in Racoon City led back to the house... not to stop a fukkking corporation... man im p1ssed
I agree, one of the main things I loved about the RE series was the story, and they way you felt like you were part of a movie.

Instead of making something along the lines of the actual game, they screwed it up and made a movie about "Computers that go crazy and try to kill all humans (by making zombies..... :? *cough*

Like we havent heard THAT story half a billion times.

I say they should have stuck with the original plot, or a side story along the same story as the Resident evil games.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

as big of RE fans that we are, and how unbelievably mad i am after seeing that trailer.... You know we all we still be the first in line ;)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I hated the RE games. The biggest thing I hated is the fact you only had a limited number of save games. I am the type of person that every time I do something in a game I like to be able to save it. Also I don't like to sit for hours at a time and play a game. I like to play a game 1 hour here 1 hour there, and with RE you can't do that.

As for the movie it looks like its worth spending 4 bucks on a ticket to go see.
Kami

Post by Kami »

yeah I'm the same way. I'm not really a fan of the RE series. I own RE and RE:CV but I never play them. They just sit there where as fps's get played more :D
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Man, To hear you two say that breaks my heart... RE was my first game for the PSone... Just play Resident Evil, the original, and trust me. It will be one of your favorite games in your collection.

Heh i have the big giant cardboard box version of RE (the old PSX boxes)
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

Veggita2099 wrote: I hated the RE games. The biggest thing I hated is the fact you only had a limited number of save games. I am the type of person that every time I do something in a game I like to be able to save it. Also I don't like to sit for hours at a time and play a game. I like to play a game 1 hour here 1 hour there, and with RE you can't do that.

As for the movie it looks like its worth spending 4 bucks on a ticket to go see.
heh u must get real tense in games u can't save -

kinda liek me in sonic 2 -

sonics last level - man i freaked out - where is the checkpoint -

took em a week 2 beat -

this is how - got sonic 56 lives -

beat it with 4 left.

i know i suck -

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Guess What

you use too many -
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Veggita2099 wrote: I hated the RE games. The biggest thing I hated is the fact you only had a limited number of save games. I am the type of person that every time I do something in a game I like to be able to save it.
Thats what ruins gamers nowadays, nowadays people complain because games are "too short' but the actual problem is, with the new "quicksaving" and unlimited amounts of saves, people in games (mainly FPS) Save around every corner, and if they lose, bam they're instantly just before they died.

Imagine how long it would take you to win the game with saving only once at the start of a level. Try doing it sometime, gives some longevity to a game.

WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

um what the hell is this movie based on it cant be resident evil 1. and it kinda hints that ist re2 cause they show a licker. And what the hell is the Red Queen i dont remeber any red queen(but then again the onl RE game ive beaten was the first).
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Umm that is the first one I got. I also had 3 for Dreamcast and didn't get into it much either.

As for the games being too short because of save points. If they have to use the lack of save points to make a game longer then chances are it won't be a great game. I remember when I got Sonic 3D Blaster for Saturn I couldn't beleive there was NO save points or NO passwords. I can't imagine how long it would take to go through that game. I ended up taking it back to the story I bought it from (It was 50 bucks at the time).

And on RE lets say you end up useing all the ribbons up but your only half-way through the game, guess what? Yup your screwed and I think if I remember correctly that is what happened to me. If it wasn't for the save features it would have been a pretty decent game though.

I thought All the Zelda games was plenty long enough and they pretty much let u save at any time. All the Final Fantasy games were long and they had unlimited saves. Hell most of your games in the manual even say SAVE OFTEN or SAVE EVERY CHANCE YOU HAVE.
Ax_Murdera
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ax_Murdera »

ya i agree man i rented resident evil and twiztid metal back when the PS first came out. haha i got a PS but no games with it. so i rented those two games and it was the best time of my life. that resident evil scared the shxt outta me so many times. when you go thru that hallway and them dogs come jumpin out, holy balls i lost it, fired the controller and took off haha. and when that ceiling was comin down on yer head i was like ya dumb broad get to steppin the hell outta there. and twiztid metal christ was cars killin eachother, was truely great. ok ok back to this movie an whut not, i know that NO games made into movies were worth seeing altho i seen MK both of em and mario brothers about 463464 kajillion times. and IF ONLY THEY WOULS STICK TO THE PLOT AND NOT GET ALL STUPID ON LIKE OH YA THERES THIS BIG COMPUTER TURNIN PEOPLE INTO THE UNDEAD AND MAKING THEIR SKIN ROT OFF! i mean it was a virus folks not some computer (and i think the virus is in the movie somehow). and they go in to stop it, ya like they all aren't gonna be blue and pusy when they leave that place. of course im a hardcore fan and will be right in line to see it (WAS supposed to come out last halloween UNTIL sony bought it) but if they would EVEN USE THE REAL CHARACTERS or some gad awful thought like that and not some chick named RAIN or whutever her stupid ass name is. and lickers were in RE2. ah christ it pisses me off i could talk about it all day long. AND IF THEY TRY TO MAKE A SILENT HILL MOVIE I WILL FXCKIN GO BEZERK!

ps sorry about the big post and also for the profanity but i did use x's, and i am a chronic swearer so if i let one slip ban me or edit my post or do whutever you deem appropriate. thank you. goodnight and be kind.

.:BEEP:.
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Veggita2099 wrote: As for the games being too short because of save points. If they have to use the lack of save points to make a game longer then chances are it won't be a great game. I remember when I got Sonic 3D Blaster for Saturn I couldn't beleive there was NO save points or NO passwords. I can't imagine how long it would take to go through that game. I ended up taking it back to the story I bought it from (It was 50 bucks at the time).

And on RE lets say you end up useing all the ribbons up but your only half-way through the game, guess what? Yup your screwed and I think if I remember correctly that is what happened to me. If it wasn't for the save features it would have been a pretty decent game though.

I thought All the Zelda games was plenty long enough and they pretty much let u save at any time. All the Final Fantasy games were long and they had unlimited saves. Hell most of your games in the manual even say SAVE OFTEN or SAVE EVERY CHANCE YOU HAVE.
Yeah, I'm mainly a First Person Shooter gamer, and the save states really mainly apply to that.

As for Sonic 3D blast, remember the first sonic? and the second and 3rd sonic for that matter?
You were expected to win the game in ONE sitting, there were no saved games, or saving at the end of every level. This worked so well because it was such an addictive game. I suspect Sonic 3D Blast followed the same suit (unfortunately since it was a pretty uninteresting game, it was too boring to play till the end.)

Thats the problem with the new sonics (Sonic Advance, Adventure) is people complain they're too short. and I'd agree those people are probably right. But nowadays games are made to be saved every level, and gamers have attention spans of a dog. (like me) and cant be bothered playing a game for hours on end.

Unfortunately, sad truth is I'm like that now :|

U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

They screwed up the story line. They needed Jill, Wesker & Barry etc... How can you make a movie about something "popular" and leave out the "popular" characters? Extreme stupidity. I'll still see it anyway.
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote: Umm that is the first one I got. I also had 3 for Dreamcast and didn't get into it much either.

As for the games being too short because of save points. If they have to use the lack of save points to make a game longer then chances are it won't be a great game. I remember when I got Sonic 3D Blaster for Saturn I couldn't beleive there was NO save points or NO passwords. I can't imagine how long it would take to go through that game. I ended up taking it back to the story I bought it from (It was 50 bucks at the time).

Dude... you collect more Ribbons along the way.
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by biohazard »

U.S.MALE wrote: They screwed up the story line. They needed Jill, Wesker & Barry etc... How can you make a movie about something "popular" and leave out the "popular" characters? Extreme stupidity. I'll still see it anyway.
True. Wesker is my favorite character ever! I beat his mini-game in Code Veronica, and he only has a knife, except for the boss, where he has a Magnum with 6 shots.
Who dares, wins.