modify the DC arcade stick to play on DC AND PSX/PS2

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
shiroh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by shiroh »

I recently purchased the DC arcade stick and when i opened it up i found it had LOTS of room for STUFF, i was thinking about putting a circiut board from a old PSX pad and wiring it up to the buttons a stick then adding a switch to change between DC and PSX.

Lastly make an extra slot for the cord of the PSX pad and it would be DC and PSX compatible (I HOPE) :)

open to suggestions...
shiroh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

mapple bus...

Post by shiroh »

hey guys i need links to sites that have info on the mapple bus...
Mr Spoon
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Mr Spoon »

Yeah, I want to do a similar thing with the arcade stick for my PC. . . Ive got a spare MS sidewinder that I could use for the PC side of stuff, Just need info on what needs soldering where????? Any ideas ppl???? 8)
Wow, This place has changed.... Since 2002 at least! :D
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

Mr Spoon,

You should check out the various sites for making your own MAME controllers, from what I can recall when I built mine there were instructions for hacking PC joypads into arcade sticks.

I suggest you put either 'MAME controllers' or 'Arcade Sticks' into a search engine.

I hope this helps :)

Sorry shiroh, but I have not seen the inside of a DC arcade stick so I cannot help you. Can't you just solder wires from the terminals for the buttons on the psx pad directly to the switches on the arcade stick?
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
shiroh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by shiroh »

i tried soldering wires directly to the stick's circiut board but it would register as all buttons being pressed at the same time on the psx so i think it has something to do with the maple bus...
the only way is to make a cut-off point on every wire make switches for EVERY button but that would result in having to flip 11 switches everytime i want to change to psx or DC, but my friend said there are switches with lots of solder points that can turn all of them on or off at the same type...