DColem 0.99 Colecovision EMU known bug

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DColem 0.99 Colecovision EMU known bug

Post by oblachubs »

Just curious if anyone else has seen the problem where keys 8 and 9 do not work on the dreamcast controller to emulate the colecovision controller. ie.

Press
left trigger+start - 8
right trigger+start - 9

Some games like blackjack will not work properly because you can't use keys 8 and 9. I tried a self booting disk that I downloaded as well as a SBI that I put together. Same results. Any ideas?

OBlachubs
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

Anyone, anyone?
gonzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by gonzo »

i'm the guy who ported [d]colem to the dc
the problem you're talking about is a stupid bug in the controller emulation.
I lost the sourcecode to [d]colem some months ago which means that there won't be a new version of this emulator.
well that and the fact that there's just not enough interest anymore for [d]colem.

sorry
retroman9999
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by retroman9999 »

Gonzo.....you kiddin....its's one of my favorite emulators....and it sure would be nice to see Buck Rogers work 100%
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

retroman9999 wrote:Gonzo.....you kiddin....its's one of my favorite emulators....and it sure would be nice to see Buck Rogers work 100%
I agree gonzo. Find that source code buddy! More people like that emulator more than you think. Just not that many bugs in it that's why there are not a ton of posts. Consider that a compliment. In the mean time is there any way for me to get keys 8 or 9 to work or am I stuck?

Please reconsider and great job. It's nice to see someone acually get one of these emulators to work full speed for a change. I consider yours and the StellaDC Atari 2600 emu to be the best. Thanks.

OBlachubs
rxd
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by rxd »

i'm the guy who ported [d]colem to the dc
the problem you're talking about is a stupid bug in the controller emulation.
I lost the sourcecode to [d]colem some months ago which means that there won't be a new version of this emulator.
well that and the fact that there's just not enough interest anymore for [d]colem.

sorry
Are you kidding? :o My favorite emulators are the Atari 5200 and [d]colem! Your emulator is great! I love playing all those old games I used to play way back when. What can I do to convince you not to drop this project?!?!? Well, no matter what you decide to do, I just want to thank you for the great work you've already done. I can tell you in all honesty I was playing [d]colem earlier today and was having a ball. I really play [d]colem and Atari 5200 more than I play my actual Dreamcast games, and the sad part is I have a ton of Dreamcast games. I just prefer the older game systems, most likely because they're what I remember playing in High School and College. Well like I said, please don't drop [d]colem, but I realize you have to do what you have to do and that I can't expect you to work for free for the benefit of the rest of us. Again thanks for all your work, and even if you don't continue working on [d]colem (which I hope is not the case) I want you to know you've given an old time gamer hundreds of hours of fun.

Thanks
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

What emulator is this??
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

It's a colecovision emulator, runs pretty good, only a couple of mugs. I jsut wish it didn't read roms from the cd root, but rather a sub folder like \colecoroms, cus it puts an extra bunch of files in the root of the DI comps I make for my local gameshop.

I still haven't mastered the controller thing yet, I don't know how poeple can seal with that many buttons. My joystick has 7 buttons, a throttle, and a pov stick, and i get lost playing UT all the time, so playing with DColem frays my nerves a bit, but it's worth it.

This was a very cool emulator.
Find that source code buddy!
Usually when the guy who wrote it says it's gone, he means as in source code destroyed, no backup, I'm not starting from scratch.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

fatheadpi wrote:It's a colecovision emulator, runs pretty good, only a couple of mugs. I jsut wish it didn't read roms from the cd root, but rather a sub folder like \colecoroms, cus it puts an extra bunch of files in the root of the DI comps I make for my local gameshop.

I still haven't mastered the controller thing yet, I don't know how poeple can seal with that many buttons. My joystick has 7 buttons, a throttle, and a pov stick, and i get lost playing UT all the time, so playing with DColem frays my nerves a bit, but it's worth it.

This was a very cool emulator.
Find that source code buddy!
Usually when the guy who wrote it says it's gone, he means as in source code destroyed, no backup, I'm not starting from scratch.

Was a very cool emulator? I think it still is a very cool emulator.

Yes I know what he probably meant by the source code. I'm just trying to encourage him to find it "if possible" because it's worth it. I know I have had my share of hard drive crashes and discovered backups that I all but forgot about.

It's obvious to me (at least) that I started a topic here that clearly shows that DColem is not dead.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

Gonzo please come back!