A few words about the beta

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DCTaNK
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCTaNK »

two questions about the bleem beta:

1.how big is the zip? is it 362kb?

2. is the contents of the cd just one file called 1bleem.bin?

thx
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

DCTaNK wrote:two questions about the bleem beta:

1.how big is the zip? is it 362kb?

2. is the contents of the cd just one file called 1bleem.bin?

thx
Don't ask that kind of stuff here, this isnt a warez board.
DCTaNK
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DCTaNK »

im not postin warez its a basic beta info question its not like im posting a link of the beta.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

DCTaNK wrote:im not postin warez its a basic beta info question its not like im posting a link of the beta.
If you weren't planning on burning this, why would you need to know?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
DCTaNK
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DCTaNK »

just to check if its the correct iso (i havent tried it yet) so i thats what i had in my final burned cd (1bleem.bin) and just that file in the cd and my zip file was 362kb big. I was trying to compare my beta with other users versions. thats why i asked.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

DCTaNK wrote:just to check if its the correct iso (i havent tried it yet) so i thats what i had in my final burned cd (1bleem.bin) and just that file in the cd and my zip file was 362kb big. I was trying to compare my beta with other users versions. thats why i asked.
And if we answered, we would be helping you to burn warez.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
DCTaNK
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DCTaNK »

uhhh yeah...ive all ready burned the iso
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

DCTaNK wrote:uhhh yeah...ive all ready burned the iso
And if we were to reply to your question of "Is this the right filesize for the ZIP", then we'd be giving you information on Dreamcast warez, which you would obviously burn. Haven't you seen from the previous 7 pages of responses that any questions involving the actual use of the beta are strictly forbidden? This site, and it's members, hold a great deal of respect for Rand, Rod and the various people who contributed to bleem!cast.
Cash Money
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cash Money »

it isnt even worth burning (its a great peice of work, dont get me wrong) but out of all the psx games i own (about 300) only 200 of them actualy booted up , but out of that 200 only about 50 of them were playable,and out of that 50 only about 20 of them didnt freeze at at a point in the game. like rod said that beta was at an early stage (once again Its a great peice of work) but nothing near playable. (i know a few games are playable but none of the ones i own)
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Yea they already stated that.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

I remember when Rand announced that Bleemcast was going to be released some odd years ago. I was totally stoked about it. I would like to congradulate both Rand and Rod on a GREAT job. I'm sure they had some long nights figureing things out and tring better ways to get things done. I never thought Bleemcast would reach the level of excellence that you two brought it up to. The beta truely showed how talened you are Rand. I just want to say thanks for takeing the time to give us the pleasure of playing PSX games on our Dremcast.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

I've honestly never played Bleem nor the infamous beat flouting arroun (although I did download Bleem for PC one...) but I would like to say thatnk for paving the road for all of this here on this site. If it wasn't for you guys, I'm sure that the homebew scene would not be as strong today as it still is. Thanks again!!!

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

NightHammer wrote:I would like to say thatnk for paving the road for all of this here on this site. If it wasn't for you guys, I'm sure that the homebew scene would not be as strong today as it still is. Thanks again!!!
The Kudos for DC Homebrew lies with Dan Potter and people like AndrewK, and everybody else who have made KOS the viable platform it is, not with Rand and Rod...

Bleem!Cast is on a whole different level - its like things like GameShark / Action Replay not things like NEster or MAMED
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

To the Bleem creators... just curious, what have you guys been doing lately? Oh, and if you have some spare time, why don't you join this nice little devving community? :mrgreen:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Cash Money
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cash Money »

i found this on the website that hosts the illegal downloads
This is most of the conversation between myself "Me" and the person I got these from "Betatester"
Of course this are not the real nicks we use, I changed that to hide our identities.

These betas are VERY real. They are not locked down to 1 game. They are betas to test all Playstation games.
Now here is the tricky part, each beta tester was given different color coded Dreamcasts.
The betas has something in the code at will look in the rom on the specified dreamcast. The discs will
ONLY work on that machine and no other. Some how this code needs to be removed so that it is usable on any dreamcast.
Only other thing missing is an audio.nra which is the audio track to make the cd selfbootable. It should be the
same track this is used in the Echelon Selfboot Kit but in Nero Burning Rom audio format.

[03:49] <Me> what did ya'll have to use to burn it anyways?
[03:50] <Betatester> I've never really looked at how it works, before. It looks like it's cutting the first 37376 bytes off the data part of the image, then appending something (That Rand gave us... Included) to the beginning in it's place
[03:50] <Betatester> Just Nero, and some program that Rand gave us. I think he made it.
[03:50] <Betatester> It looks like all it does is cuts up a binary file, though
[03:51] <Me> ok
[04:30] <Betatester> Well, each one was encoded to only work on that specific DC
[04:30] <Betatester> However, if you mean the burning process, no, it was the same for them all.
[05:16] <Me> i mean different color dc's got different builds
[05:24] <Betatester> Well, I'm really not sure if they were different builds or not. I'm thinking that he might have done some kind of encoding on them, AFTER he did the builds, to make it work on the individual DC's. But, I don't know that for sure. He might have had the encoding done during the build itself, in which case they would be different builds for each color
Shaka de Virgo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

About the Beta Bleemcast

Post by Shaka de Virgo »

I try the Bleemcast beta today with the best game that I has ever played: Xenogears, and I have only one thing to say: I am Amazed.

I would be happy to pay even US$50 for the emulator optimized for Xenogears if it existed.

What a great piece of work!!!!
Cash Money
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cash Money »

rand if you think........ Which beta tester used the blue version? than more than likely hes the leaker
Last edited by Cash Money on Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: About the Beta Bleemcast

Post by toastman »

Shaka de Virgo wrote:I try the Bleemcast beta today with the best game that I has ever played: Xenogears, and I have only one thing to say: I am Amazed.

I would be happy to pay even US$50 for the emulator optimized for Xenogears if it existed.

What a great piece of work!!!!
Just buy a PS1 at that price.
No signature.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Cash Money wrote:rand if you think........ Which beta tester used the blue version? than more than likely hes the leaker
He knows who leaked it.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Cash Money
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Cash Money »

He knows who leaked it.
how do you know?

dont bitch at me for asking i would just like to know how you know?