Could someone make a self bootable nero vesion of nester 5.0

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Could someone make a self bootable nero vesion of nester 5.0 for everyone

Post by law56ker »

If someone could do this it whould be appreciated.
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bonecrusher »

your not the only one who wants one but chances are you wont find one here since no one likes to post up nero immages
its Disk Juggler emulation only
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

its almost pointless since you can convert cdi images to nero images quie easily
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

kaioshade is right. It very easy to convert CDI to Nero. However, if that is not enough for you, I'll upload them. For what ever emu if someone can provide the web space.
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Well where is the self bootable cdi format version? If you want you can use my webspace degamer could you email me the selfboot copy and i can upload it to my website.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Alrighty, I've made some NesterDC 5.2 Nero & DJ images, but because I can't get Nero to burn images I don't no if it works so use it at your own risk. I've burnt a DJ version with roms that worked, so the DJ image without roms should also work.

http://nesterdc5.2.tripod.com/

I haven't played NesterDC for a little while, but the last version I burned played Castlevania 3 but it was very glitchy, with this version it still has glitches but they aren't as bad & it plays very nicely. Has anyone else noticed that or am I just imagining it?
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Dr Zoidberg wrote: I haven't played NesterDC for a little while, but the last version I burned played Castlevania 3 but it was very glitchy, with this version it still has glitches but they aren't as bad & it plays very nicely. Has anyone else noticed that or am I just imagining it?
Nope your not imagining anything (though I wish you were :( ) The American version of Catslevania 3 (and I assume the PAL version as well) is not supported correctly because of the mapper. I remember a lot of PC NES emus that used to have the same problem. If you really want to play it though, get the Japanese version Akumajou Densetsu (Demon Castle Legends), it works fine. Just in case you are wondering why the Japanese version works fine and not the American, it is because they use different mappers.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

But Castlevania 3 US/PAL still looks & runs better than before, so it's an improvement over past versions of NesterDC.

Here's another link to the images, the other one's dead:

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdc52/
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bonecrusher »

finally someone has come through and added a nester 5 nero immage and yes it works
one questionn
how do i burn the rom cd?
i used the old nester
\games
and it said it couldnt read the ROMS
so then i tried the frnes
\roms
and same results
do i burn the roms to the root or what gives?
also the options.. theres no framerate change??
but yes it boots fine and works
anyone willing to upload stella nero image?
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

PEOPLE USE DCFACTORY..COULD IT GET ANY EASIER...YOU PICK THE OUTPUT FILES FORMAT(dj,nero,whatver)!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

I'm sure DC Factory is great, although I used the excellent DSSBS Final to make these images.
bonecrusher wrote: how do i burn the rom cd?
i used the old nester
\games
and it said it couldnt read the ROMS
so then i tried the frnes
\roms
and same results
do i burn the roms to the root or what gives?
I tried putting in my old NesterDC rom disc & it didn't work, maybe I made the image wrong or maybe there's something wrong with this version of the emu, but it works with roms on the CD with the emulator.
bonecrusher wrote: also the options.. theres no framerate change??

You change the framerate via the VMU during the game with the analog stick.
bonecrusher wrote: anyone willing to upload stella nero image?
Yeah, I'll see if I can get one working. *CHECK YOUR PM's BONECRUSHER*

I've played a few games on NesterDC 5.0 Pre 2 now, Super Mario Bros 3 runs great & so does Uforia, Punchout seems to run worse than it used to though.
josath
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by josath »

<rant>
i hate diskjuggler!
it crashes on any machine i try to use it on
graaahhh!
</rant>
yes, i can see the usefullness of nero images. i would just download the cdi 2 nrg image converter dealie. though i could never make it work when i needed it to.
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bonecrusher »

cd to nero doesnt work on the newer images smarty pants
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I agree Nero is very helpful. For one reason it does seem more stable (I burnt a many coasters from DJ locking up on me). Another reason many cd-r drives are now included Nero 5.0 with them. That way people don't have to burn at 1x speed or buy DJ. It would be foolish to buy DJ if you already own Nero I feel.