Answers to Most DreamSNES Questions

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SurXes »

you dont have to rename, i burned my .swc and .sfc ROMs without the rename to .smc and they work fine but you could if you want.

i didnt burned with a diff' soundfile but ithink that you can burn with multiple sound files because in the config menu it says "current music" and if you press left or right on the d-pad it goes to the next sound file?
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
alphonsepower

Post by alphonsepower »

Try TMPGEG (http://www.tmpgenc.com/) - Convert to wav first, then in audio source select the wav and in the checkbox select audio only. Select MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, 44100 Hz, Stereo, 112 kbs and error protection.
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

COMPATIBILITY

Post by MagnetoMan »

in those lists of compatible roms i didnt see some of the roms i wanted to play... ie cybernator or axelay....

what gives? do you think dreamsnes will run them??
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

multiplayer

Post by MagnetoMan »

oh yeahh..
does dreamsnes support multiplayer
for games like Secret of Mana??
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

i believe axelay is compatible, but i'm not sure if it is full speed (someone back me up on this one)

And for multi player....... i dunno
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

Yes, multiplayer works, as it basically runs the same thing as having a multitap in the snes. make sure you have it on four controllers, and in Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore, you use the select button to take over a character (IE puch the analog stick up on the second controller to take control of a character)
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

damnit there goes another game i forgot?! f**k i rushed when i made the disc didnt put much thought into it just downloaded a bunch of roms that look good, i wanted to i think i will make another disc soon you people start putting requests then someone can make a disc and come back with wich ones work.

i dont have any requests other than Tekken 2, but i doubt it will work
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
skatajkid
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

tekken 2 does not work

Post by skatajkid »

I just tested it and Tekken 2 does not work. At least not for me. I got to right after I chose my fighter and then it stopped. So i guess it doesnt work.

Also, with my dreamsnes, I have the actual emulator disc and a separate rom disc. I start the emulator, then switch to the rom disc and play a game, then if i quit that game, i cant select another game to play, i have to restart the whole thing. I was just wondering if this happens with all dreamsnes or if mine is special and what i can do to fix this. Thanks
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

when you change the game you would have to insert back the emulator disk. This is because the rom disc doesn't have the mp3 file.

The next time you make the rom disc you wuld have to put the sound folder in with the mp3 in it. Then you would not have to change back into the emu cd.
skatajkid
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

wow

Post by skatajkid »

ok, thanks i'll try that...

but another thing, how would i go about burning the music file on a mac with toast. would i jsut create another directory in the iso 9660 type file? if you could tell me, it would be very appreciated

thanks
Toranxsu-Ohki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

^_^ my first post here!

Post by Toranxsu-Ohki »

[quote="Dreamc@st"]
when you change the game you would have to insert back the emulator disk. This is because the rom disc doesn't have the mp3 file.

The next time you make the rom disc you wuld have to put the sound folder in with the mp3 in it. Then you would not have to change back into the emu cd.
[/quote]

hey dude! i have dreamsnes and i have never had to do that. all i do is stop the game with the analog and then choose a different one =]
also, u ppl didnt mention Ranma 1/2: The red cat gang (the rpg), which runs pretty much perfect, and the Tenchi Muyo RPG, which doesnt run that well. And you mentioned Sailor Moon and all those other anime games, but not the tenchi or ranma ones! also there are like 3 other ranma games for snes, two fighting games and one puzzle, plus there are a buncha other games, like sd gundam games and stuff! i have two different cds filled w/ roms for the emu, one with 70+ and another with 170+ ^_^ i am gonna make another sometime
a wise man once said "never play leap-frog with a unicorn"
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

hey dude! i have dreamsnes and i have never had to do that. all i do is stop the game with the analog and then choose a different one =]
yeh i do that aswell, but for some reason other people experience that problem and thats the way to fix it (i think).
also, u ppl didnt mention Ranma 1/2: The red cat gang (the rpg), which runs pretty much perfect, and the Tenchi Muyo RPG, which doesnt run that well. And you mentioned Sailor Moon and all those other anime games, but not the tenchi or ranma ones!
well i didn't actually make that compatibility list, i gathered it from other people. Maybe they don't like the Ranma 1/2 anime :D

And please feel free to tell me if the other Ranma games (or any other games) work too.
Toranxsu-Ohki
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Toranxsu-Ohki »

well i think i played the first fighting game of ranma 1/2 for snes, and not only does that game suck becuase its incredibly hard, but i think i t runs at like 80-85%
also i test my games out when i burn them, and i have 2 cds, one wit 70+ and another with 170+
the x-men arcade game is just a little slow, i know u already mentioned this one, but final fantasy seems to run perfect, maybe just a little slow, but its pretty un-noticable, unless u have the psx game or sumtin.
right now i am pretty tired, so when i am more awake i will post a list of some games.
^_^
a wise man once said "never play leap-frog with a unicorn"
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

played the first fighting game of ranma 1/2 for snes
What's the name of the game?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle I believe. That one was actually released in an English verion in the US as well... not that theres much of a language barrier apart from wondering what the hell you're fighting about - which in some ways is in keeping with the spirit of the anime...

btw - Genma is a much better fighting bear than that one from Tekken whose name I cant remember
oneate7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by oneate7 »

not sure if anyone pointed this out
Final Fantasy 3 (6 jap) doesnt run full, it is a bit slow and muting DOESNT fix it :-/ this is 094 too, so heh. its still tha best rpg in tha ff series ever! :p
what? it worked?! LEMME TRY IT!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

not sure if anyone pointed this out
Final Fantasy 3 (6 jap) doesnt run full, it is a bit slow and muting DOESNT fix it :-/ this is 094 too, so heh. its still tha best rpg in tha ff series ever! :p
cheers for the info.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Can someone give me info on how well these games run:

Cannon Fodder 1 and 2
E.V.O.
Kirby's Avalanche
Lufia
Metal Marines
Metal Warriors
Power Rangers Movie.
Smash Tennis
Smash TV
SoulBlazer
Super Marioland

These games were on my compatbility list, but with no descriptions.

Cheers :wink:
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

Nobody will ever test out a power rangers game...EVER
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected