Nester and Super Mario Brothers

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Moat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nester and Super Mario Brothers

Post by Moat »

First off Nester is Great. Love it. But I have a question does Super Mario Bros seem to run just a little to fast to anyone else? The timer and the music seem to go a little fast. I stopped by a local game shop and played the original and it was slower. Can I slow it down? I press the analog stick to the right to reset it to 1.0x but it's still the same. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Moat
Last edited by Moat on Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

It's true, and it's not the only one. Mostly the earlier games are a bit too fast, even at no frameskip. It doesn't affect playability much, but it would be nice if some games could be slowed down.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
CaptTrips
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

nester rocks

Post by CaptTrips »

and it use to have a slow down feature. not sure why it was gotten rid of though.

what version lost .5 framskip? was that version 6, or maybe one of the 5.somethings?

anyways, i'm gonna go check out nester 7.1 (everyone pray for koei, i know most those games are too much, for now, but anything is possible, even ex-graphic emulation!)
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

You are probably running a PAL game.. It normally runs at 50Hz on a PAL NES but Nester uses 60Hz and it causes the game to run faster than it should.
Try getting US NTSC games instead.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

try turning on transperancies and stereo sound if not already turned on.
mr. darkness
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mr. darkness »

ehhh. don't think Nester supports either of those things at all...

You were talking about DreamSNES right? :wink:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

mr. darkness wrote:ehhh. don't think Nester supports either of those things at all...

You were talking about DreamSNES right? :wink:
oh yeah thats DreamSNES