Newbie Question

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
rlongfield
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie Question

Post by rlongfield »

Hi Guys,

Finally I can justify getting a Dream Cast! This site rocks, Now I can pack away my Atari and Coleco etc and play some sweet Dreamcast games at the same time :o)

My question is what state was Bleemcast left in? I read the old site info on the Bleemcast about it working with multiple games yet the new info I can find lists only 1 game per release.
What I am wonderig is does only Tenken 3 work with the Tenken 3 Bleemcast (same for the other 2 releases)?

Thanks
-ROB
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Bleemcast was announced at E3 2000. The announcement was for four discs that would play 100 games each, to be released that summer. However, summer came and went and no releases were to be had. Not until April 2001 that it was announced that Bleemcast had been scaled back to support one game per disc, as the previous plan had proven impossible. The three titles released were Gran Turismo 2, Metal Gear Solid and Tekken 3. However poor sales, the refusal of major retailers to stock it (at Sony's request), the premature death of the Dreamcast and a general disdain of the public at the abandonment of the 100-games idea to say nothing of the legal debt attained spelled doom for Bleem and the company folded last month.

Some people have claimed that with some clever hacking older games can be made to run with some of the discs, but no one has ever duplicated this so it was likely a hoax. Therefore the only game that will run with a Bleemcast disc is the one it was designed for.

As for availability, there are still unpurchased Bleemcast discs out there, but once they're gone they're gone. Bleem did have their own online store, BleemDIRECT, but as Bleem died so did the store. Electronics Boutique has them still available on their websiite, and probably in stores as well:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/scripts/texi ... duct=bleem*

The only other retailer to carry Bleemcast was an electronics superstore called Fry's. They still reportedly have them on store shelves.
rlongfield
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

That Sucks!

Post by rlongfield »

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I wasn't sure what I had read was true. Unfortunatly the less appealing version was true, dashing my hopes to play spiderman :o)
I've read all the posts in here and hopefully one day some dedicated dreamcast guy will get a PSEMU for the Dreamcast working!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

You do realize there's a port of the first Spider-man to the Dreamcast, right?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/p ... _id=200702

Even the N64 had this game (easy port, with the THPS engine already ported). Granted, there's no Dreamcast port of Spider-Man 2.

Schnapple
rlongfield
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Sweet

Post by rlongfield »

Actually I had no clue this game had been proted.
Ok I want my dreamcast now and not next weekend! :o)

Thanks for the help