You can answer this!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Falcon_Speed
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

You can answer this!

Post by Falcon_Speed »

What are some games similar to Dynamite Cop or Golden Axe?

What are some games similar to Metal Slug?

Thanks
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I just got Zombies Revenge *really* cheap (like $5 cost) and its *kind of* like a streets of Rage / Golden Axe type game... you do have a gun in it though... and you do get to play in the House Of The Dead, and its 2 player simulataneous, so all in all if you see it real cheap its probably worth it... I think theres a Fighting Force game as well, but I've not played it; its supposed to be pretty rubbish, but hey! So's Zombies Revenge...

I don't *think* theres any Metal Slug type games for the DC, but you can always use DreamSNES to play Super Contra / Super Probotector (Contra has rambo rip offs, probotector has robots, but they're the *same game*) and Contra is a greeeeat game... theres *lots* of games like that on SNES actually thinking about it... Assault Suits Valken / Cybernator is another good bet
Falcon_Speed
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Falcon_Speed »

Thanks for your reply Nyarlathotep,

I played Zombie Revenge years ago in the arcade. I love that game.

That game is one of the reason why I wanted to buy the DC. I found out DC made that game about a month ago.

So there is no game that goes left to right like Metal Slug or Rush N Attack?

What are some good military game on DC?

BTW... Where did you buy your Zombie Revenge for $5?

Thanks again.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

well, I live in the UK, so I was guesstimating the price in dollars, I got it from my local game shops 'bargain bin' for ?3, which in my book was a bargain - I'm pretty sure if you look around you could find it as cheap (if not cheaper) as it was never one of the biggest titles around...

Not sure about military games... you can drive a tank in Super Runabout San Francisco Edition (which I've got to admit is quite fun - not as much fun as riding a pig though!)

Wild Metal is all about shooting stuff in a tank, as is Red Dog and, uh, Toy Commander is *kind of* a war game, albeit one involving shooting hell out of toy tanks and planes... Soldier Of Fortune is extremely violent, and pretty much just involves shooting terrorists heads off with a shotgun and silent scope is a pretty fun sniping game, but won't last you that long... Millenium Soldiers is a gauntlet type shoot 'em up (like Loaded or ReLoaded on PSX) and dangerous skies is a plane sim shoot 'em up type thing...

Oh, Headhunters just great, but nothing to do with military as such; think of it like Metal Gear meets Resident Evil and you've got a pretty good idea of how it plays - I actually hope Capcom take note of it, because a Resident Evil game with the same type of control system would be *totally* cool...
optimusprime
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by optimusprime »

I could be wrong but I do belive that cannon spike by capcom
is like metal slug in fact thy even used (old)snk programmers for it!
You can get it pretty much anywhere dc games are sold.
.:iceman:.
DC Emu Spammer
DC Emu Spammer

Post by .:iceman:. »

well i can think of one military type game alien front online the idea of the game is to work as a team to kill the other team you can be the humans or the aliens you are always in tanks but one fun bit is that you can run over ground troops what ruins the game is there is only 3 missions which both teams share each team has a choice of 3 tanks for each team 8) 8) 8) 8)
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

Some other military type games are Hidden and Dangerous, Spec Ops 2, Rainbow Six, and Rougue Spear. I have not tried these except for Rougue Spear which was the PC version.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Hidden and Dangerous is pretty sucky on DC. Long load times, *really* awkward controls, *very* slow moving, and IMHO not much fun, apart from the intital novelty value...
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I have played rainbow six for the dc, I used to have it till the other day I traded it for store credit on a gc game. It plays alright but there are some bugs in the game. I could have sworn that when I looked for testers in the credits there were none. I could be wrong its been almost 2 years since I played it. Like most of dc games. I kept a couple like PSO v2, marvel vs capcom 2, street fighter 3(third strike) and like 2-3 more. I keopt the really good ones. the "good" game I traded was shenmue. I figured since I wasn't going to import the 2nd one; and I didn't beat the first one, that I didn't need it.
NOW, my question.. Hopefully Nyar can answer this but anyone chime in if you can. I was wondering what good japanese versions of gundam games were good on the supernes?
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I've always wanted to get Red Dog, I played the demo on the DC Demo disc and it rocked!

Dynamite Cop is also a awesome game, specially two player, unfortunately It's replay value isn't terribly fantastic.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Gundam on SNES.... hmmm.... I used to have a pretty sucky Gundam JAP cart that I never really understood, not speaking Japanese; it was a weird ass turn based combat type thing and you could pick to attack with either laser sword, laser guns, assault rifle or, uh, big plasma ball type thing... wasn't much good, but I only pad ?5 ($7.50) for it at my local import shop, so wasn't complaining that much...

I think your best bet would be one of those Bandai SD games - theres like 20 of them, of various genres where you can be gundam, ultraman, masked rider and a couple of other well known (in Japan anyway) heroes... I *know* theres a dodgeball one, and about 4 final fight type ones, and I believe theres some shooty and puzzle ones as well... if you're looking for a *good* Anime SNES game I can recommend any of the Ranma 1/2 beat 'em ups - all very true to the 'source' material, and a good laugh...
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

Nyarlathotep wrote: I just got Zombies Revenge *really* cheap (like $5 cost) and its *kind of* like a streets of Rage / Golden Axe type game... you do have a gun in it though... and you do get to play in the House Of The Dead, and its 2 player simulataneous, so all in all if you see it real cheap its probably worth it... I think theres a Fighting Force game as well, but I've not played it; its supposed to be pretty rubbish, but hey! So's Zombies Revenge...

I don't *think* theres any Metal Slug type games for the DC, but you can always use DreamSNES to play Super Contra / Super Probotector (Contra has rambo rip offs, probotector has robots, but they're the *same game*) and Contra is a greeeeat game... theres *lots* of games like that on SNES actually thinking about it... Assault Suits Valken / Cybernator is another good bet
Heh , Fighting Force 2 was my first DC game.....$50 for complete crap. They stopped producing it like 4 months later
Envy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Envy »

The best gundam game for snes is Gundam Wing: Endless Duel it's amazing lots of char and cool fighting.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Yeah...Gundam Wing: Endless Duel is a pretty spiffy fighter, and something to look into if you're looking for Gundam stuff on SNES.
Only777
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Get thes games:

Post by Only777 »

Make sure you have these:

Sonic Adventure 2
Shen Mue 1+2
Daytona USA 2001
Jet Set Radio
Quake 3 Arena
Skies of Arcada
Capcom Vs SNK
Crazy Taxi 2
Dead or Alive 2
Jagaadelic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jagaadelic »

"Cybernator"

Thanks for mentioning this game Nyarlathotep, I have been trying to remember the name of that game for months.
DC Compatibility Lists
-[d]colem
-Dream-O-Rama
-SMEG
-oddDC
Hosted by Consolevision