DC: 7 or so years from now

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jordan »

yeah i couldnt believe when a month after the ps2 launch Sony went to the patent offices and patented the ps3 logo....wow they sure are confident eh? anyway its the same as ps2 but with a 3 :)
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

5 year cycle? well what about...umm.....*shuts up*
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

Ali G wrote: 7 years from now?

i'll be playing dc games on my pc. i perfer my pc 2 run emus.

so y do i post here then?

heh tough question.
Hehe... That's going in my sig.
Ali G wrote: 7 years from now?

i'll be playing dc games on my pc. i perfer my pc 2 run emus.

so y do i post here then?

heh tough question.
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

i'm so honored. its true - i know its a fad - but my pc can hack roms nicely.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

yup i read somewere that they already have the PS3 logo copyrighted and all, and in 7 years i will still be playing my Dreamcast, i still play NES, Genesis, SNES and MSX+ games classics never die.

[and im thinking everyone else will play there DC too seeing as how we all still want a SNES emulator that runs all games 100% speed/sound and supports all games thats why classics will never die]

[Rockman & Forte is not Mega Man 9!!!]
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
fsterman
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Or not.

Post by fsterman »

Kami wrote:
fsterman wrote: or the PS3 since consoles have a 5 year cycle. ?
lol I think thats proved wrong considering Sony is already getting the ps3 ready.
there is a difference between "getting ready" and "realeasing". And they definetally do not have a 1 year life cycle (i'm not doing dcimal point math).
.:iceman:.
DC Emu Spammer
DC Emu Spammer

Post by .:iceman:. »

in 7 years from now ive got my hopes up for playng marvel v capcom 1 2 3 4 whatever number but i will play it dc3
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

is Sega bringout another console? i think that they should release add-ons for DC
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

SurXes wrote: is Sega bringout another console? i think that they should release add-ons for DC
Are you on crack?
.:iceman:.
DC Emu Spammer
DC Emu Spammer

Post by .:iceman:. »

SurXes wrote: is Sega bringout another console? i think that they should release add-ons for DC

waht do you mean addons
Yoda_Treat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

In 7 years......

Post by Yoda_Treat »

I'll be preaching on street corners about the greatness of Sega's final console, at least when I am not asking people about that day or looking for sailors. I will read an X-Men comic and wonder why they don't just call on Sonson and Mega Man for a litte help with Magneto. I will play Castlevania 3 when the mapper finally gets supported in in NesterDC v24.5(I haven't messed with 5 yet I could be wrong about that not working still.) Then, at the end of the day I will head home on electromagnitec in-line skates and curl up under my Dreamcast powered blanket.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

In 7 years......

Post by DeGamer1 »

Yoda_Treat wrote: I'll be preaching on street corners about the greatness of Sega's final console, at least when I am not asking people about that day or looking for sailors. I will read an X-Men comic and wonder why they don't just call on Sonson and Mega Man for a litte help with Magneto. Then, at the end of the day I will head home on electromagnitec in-line skates and curl up under my Dreamcast powered blanket.

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yoda_Treat wrote: I will play Castlevania 3 when the mapper finally gets supported in in NesterDC v24.5(I haven't messed with 5 yet I could be wrong about that not working still.)
Dude, Castlevania 3 works now on Nester DC, well it's kinda messed up but it works. The Japanese vesion, Akumajou Densetsu (Demon Castle Legends) works just fine since it uses a different mapper.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

CG wrote:heh in 7 years, there will be DC emus on like PS8 :D

Did CG die?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

In 7 years, I'll be a doctor and hopefully enough money to fund my own little game making business devoted to 2 systems, the Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast. My goal would be to maintain/serve those who are still interested in these systems by A) making state-side translations of classics that never made it stateside, B) making strategy guides for games brought to these systems that never came stateside or at all (for example: Shenmue 2 (Japan only), Headhunter (not even for PS2 version is their a guide, and Skies of Arcadia (Japan only...as far as I know), C) porting over AAA PC game titles to fill unsupported genres (fps, rpg, rts), and D) If A-C come true, then I would want to do remakes or sequels of popular titles from both systems, publish new games for the Dreamcast, and release new peripherals for the Dreamcast.

Although my dream sounds far-fetched, I really think that there is enough demand (since it is Sega) for such a dream to come true. Just take a look at all of the followers of SNK. The Neo Geo system was a legend in its day, but it hasn't seen production in many years. However, games are still comming out for it.

Back some months, many people were seeing the "scene" as dead. I truly think that the contest definitely helped to breathe new life into the scene.

The Dreamcast will definitely be by my side in 7 years.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Jeeba Jabba wrote: Did CG die?
No, but I thought this topic had :o

CG is occasionally in he #dcemu room, but I dont think he posts anymore... or does he?
Dre@mC@ster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Playing in 7 years!

Post by Dre@mC@ster »

I will play with my DC forever. What I really like about my DC other than it can emulate so many of my old systems, is that there are so many arcade conversions to it such as 18 Wheeler, Silent Scope, Crazy Taxi and Dynamite Cop. I really enjoy arcade ports so I do not have to pump my quarters into a machine. I do want the Sega Harley Davidson arcade game ported to Dreamcast kind of like Crazy Taxi cross 18 Wheeler.. 8)
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Does anybody else find it ironic that 7 years from now, when all our DCs lasers have died and DC emus for PC are all the rage, it'll be the warez scene that'll let us play our favorite DC games? After all, there's little chance anything other than the DC will ever read GD-ROMs.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.