Do *YOU* Want a free RPG?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
volumefx
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by volumefx »

It can take a bit to download but it has a million extra files with it and will save having to do it again. You could download it overnight if that's possible.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Well, I probably could, but my ISP has a tendency to moof me every 2 hours... *and* I only get a maximum 28K speed... *AND* I pay a monthly fee for it...

the UK isn't particularly good at the whole ISP thing. So if I *can* live without it, I will...
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

Nyarl, how far into your game are you? is it complete or when will it be....id like to play!
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

I made my first town and working out all the bugs, i also got a forest done. I want the clouds, but i have had problems making them work, along with chip sets.... i have some sweet sercet of mana 2 towns. but this pink color doesn't let you see... and i don't know how to really edit those pesky png files. If any one could help me, that would be great. Also
Nyarlathotep you gotta let me see yours.
Akana
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Akana »

I know how to work that lil program! Pretty damn good, too. To edit the .png files, you should download a program called "I-Draw". It works very well, if you know how to use it. It's not in english really, but if I figured it out in like 10 minutes, you can too...

I think you can get it at Don's site (Phatom RPG). And while you're there, check out the cool message board. Although half the time people are just flaming each other... :roll:

RM2k is cool, but the only problem it has is the battle-system. It's like first person view BS, and to make a custom battle system (like ChronoTriggers) is very VERY hard. I haven't tried, but I've seen some.

If anyone needs any help with the RPG, or the I-Draw program, feel free to contact me. I'd be glad to help.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Thats what i'm trying to do at the mo...

Me and some of my more experianced buddies are trying to make a real-time wrestling battlesystem :) after 3 months..... we havn't got very far but once we have it, i'm gonna build a game around it :)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Katana - you did know the pink colour is your transparecy right? IE if you wanted to make, say, a castle floating in the sky (as I have done :P) you put the pink bits where you want the background showing, then in the map properties you set the parallax to a clouds background, and stick on autoscroll, et voila! a castle with clouds moving in the background giving a 'flying' impression (this is probably more useful if you're using a flying machine as one of your vehicles, and want to move around your 'ship' while on it a la FFVII

Best way to see what stuff looks like in the game is to do a quick test play - I've just been setting my start party position in each area and test playing to check what it looks like, whenever I do a new area or effect I want to test...

HH - you've got a cameo role as a wrestler in the first pub! and you piss off my main character (whos a farmer) by repeatedly calling him a melonfarmer :P

I'd say by the standards of a 'real' RPG my game is... ooh, maybe 50% complete? I say that because after seeing some of volumefxs screen shots I'm going to have to redo *every* map and area to make it look all purdy... but plot wise and characterwise its more like 90%... Hopefully I'll have a fully *playable* release out this weekend... say sunday night? but it *will* be not very graphically or sonically impressive... and yes, the crappy default battle system is still in there - I'm hoping to improve all of that for my 'next' beta, and I have a bunch of ideas for improvements, its just a question of implementing them...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Yeah the pink used in the chips i have is the wrong color pink and is really messing up the way it looks.... so i can't use it till i can fix the color pink
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Oh, ok, I think I can fix that easily for you then - go to tools -> RAW Materials selector and export a chipset that works, open up a paint proggy, select the pink used in that, replace the one that doesn't work with that one, then go to Tool -> RAW material and import the chipset you just changed and it *should* all be cool again...
volumefx
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by volumefx »

I'll redo a lot of your chipsets for you, ny, if you want. I've been trying to get on an rm2k team but haven't found one.
bkarsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Dark Basic Kicks Ass

Post by bkarsh »

Hey Nyarlathotep,

I checked out Dark Basic, and I was amazed. What a cool programming language. I programmed in basic back in the day, and it is neat to see it in a new incarnation.

-b
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

No, I don't think RPGM2K is based on DarkBASIC - its even *easier* to use, and requires absolutely *no* programming ability at all... you literally just 'paint' your map, right click it and add characters, and you've got yourself a playable (but admittedly crappy) RPG!
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

rpgmaker is warez

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

rpgmaker is warez
its a rip translated from a japanese company called ASCII.
its illegall....
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

lol no thats the developers who made it....and yes it is a translation of the Jap version
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

wrong its a rip

wrong its a rip.....
ASCII made it.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I believe its only 'illegal' if you distribute your finished games commercially... or at least thats what the readme says...

I thought the actual 'engine' was a shareware kind of deal (yes hacked and translated, but of a shareware game rather than a fully commercial one) and the RTP (runtime packages) were homebrew, and not the ones originally distributed with the Japanese version, therefore legal to distribute...

If you can show me a page that pretty much confirms its warez, I'll shut this topic down immediately, and remove all links... but I've always been led to believe its legal in the same way as Klick and Play is...
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

hmph im not positive but how do you know this?

no one on here has spoke of it being a rip be4
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

its a rip

its a rip... just go to the site of ASCII or the site from the translator ;-)
actually ASCII also made rm95 that also has ripped
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

The translators sites down, and I can't read Japanese... seriously, if you've got, say, a general RPG news page that say "Japanese RPG game maker illegally hacked my Russian guy" or some such, I'll shut this topic immediately...
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

just read this

http://pub79.ezboard.com/fpavilionposti ... c&index=12

just read this, its from the translator....