Quick Bleem! MGS question, not about saving.

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
ImaCarrot
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick Bleem! MGS question, not about saving.

Post by ImaCarrot »

Are there 2 bleemcast cd's or just one? The jewel case is a two cd case but there was only one disc in there when I opened it up. Also, the little sleeves in the jewel case were backwards, meaning, the card that showed the two screenshots of MGS and had all the info was in the front side of the cd case and the thing that just said Bleem!cast MGS with the little green swirl thing was in the back. Is that how it was supposed to be or was mine a little screwed up?

Thanks
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

There is only supposed to be one disc for MGS bleemcast.

The reason the case is like that is your supposed to take the back half off of your original MGS case and take the MGS bleem case and hook it together. This would give you a 3cd case... room for both MGS game discs and bleemcast.

The reason Rand gave for them having the covers printed 'backwards' is because it gives them more 'advertizing surface'. Which is true I guess. He said they put a lot of thought into it before deciding that was what they were going to do. Unusual packaging for an unusual company and product.

Tekken 3's bleemcast is layed out the same way. Double cd case and all. I guess the plan with that one is to replace the cover art with Tekken 3's and use that case for both TK3 bleemcast and Tekken 3.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Here's my old suggestion for making all 3 Bleemed PSX games syncronous with your Bleemcast discs:
Alright, so I finally got a copy of MGS last night. Bleem kicks ass. This game kicks ass. And to think I never picked it up because I was partial to Zelda (I still am, but I'm more enlightened now.

So I'm looking at how to organize my increasing Bleem collection. I stack MGS, bcMGS, GT2 and the cardboard envelope bcGT2 came in in a stack and it just doesn't look right. If you stack them all correctly then the bcMGS spine label is upside down, which looks dumb, and the bcGT2 envelopeisn't the same size/shape as the others so it makes for a real awkward filing.

But I know the point of the little black 2CD tray is to replace the CD tray in the MGS box, which is all well and good but it doesn't fix the problem of what to do about GT2. Well, surely somewhere I have some CD or piece of sottware with one of those 2CD things that I can use.

Well I go cannibalize my copy of MapPoint 2002 and stick that in there. The problem is that the 2CD tray Bleem uses doesn't fit in a standard CD case tray, so no dice. OK, so I use the tray from the MapPoint case. When I put it back in the GT2 case, however, it won't stay closed. When I try to swing the little 2CD tray, the bottom part pops right off. The 2CD tray Bleemcast has has nice little hinges on it, so it's less likely to cause conflict.

So I figured - forget the 2CD tray, surely somewhere I have a 3 CD set I'm not using. I cannibalized my copy of Visual Studio, casting the Visual J++ disc to the side (like Microsoft wants me to) and I used the central portion, which has a spot for a manual on one side and a spot for a CD on the other side. This will allow my GT2 case to hold 3 CD's.

However, there's a problem - GT2 has two manuals, so there's not enough space for the second manual and a disc. Crap. Then it hit me. I replaced the central portion of the CD case on MGS with the central portion of the Visual Studio case. The manual fits on one side, the bcMGS disc on the other side, the second CD on the bottom tray. Then I used the 2CD tray from the bcMGS pack in the GT2 case to fit 3 CD's and 2 manuals in one now heavy case. It's still not the tightest thing - if I shake it it flies open, but it works and it's a more elegant solution than the cardboard sleeve.

So, to recap, if you own the PSX/BC discs for MGS and GT2 and want the cases to both be self contained, here's the instructions:

1. Get an unused (or soon to be unused) 3 CD case, like Visual Studio uses.

2. Replace the central piece of the MGS case with the central piece of the case from step 1.

3. Place the two MGS discs where they belong, place the MGS manual where it belongs and place the bcMGS disc on the other side of the central piece.

4. Replace the bottom CD tray of the GT2 case with the 2CD tray that came with the bcMGS case. Place the first GT2 discs and manuals where they belong. Place the second GT2 disc on the front of the 2CD piece and the bcGT2 disc on the back (or vice versa, whichever you prefer).

5. Stack your two self contained PSX game cases and be happy.

Now what we need are some tiny "Bleem!" stickers so that people don't think we're a dumbass by putting our PSX games next to our Dreamcasts. The little stickers would be a great conversation starter and a great way to do some very indirect advertising for Bleem.

Tune in next week when I do something that I believed very stongly against until just recently - placing a sticker on a console.

Schnapple
Obviously then just use the little case they gave you with Tekken 3 to do that one as well.

Schnapple