GyPlay LikSang Edition AutoPlay

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
mpm166
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GyPlay LikSang Edition AutoPlay

Post by mpm166 »

kay my question is about how to get the latest edition of GyPlay, the LikSang Edition to automatically start playing a movie after I pop it in the DC?
it says in the read me that if there is a file called autoplay.gyp in the root folder then it will do autoplay. Does this mean that I just have to create a file called autoplay.gyp and it will automatically start playing the movie I have on the cd, or do i need to manually type the name of the movie into that autoplay file?
If someone could answer my questions with some detail, that would be greatly appreciated.

mpm166
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

you just need a file with that name and it will automatically search and play when yopu boot it, but ive never tried it since gypsy says it only works with non-selfboots...im not sure if that has been overcome (i think at the time audio-data was the only method being used for selfbooting, so it may be possible with data-data, but like i said, havent tried), but if your willing to swap discs at the begining, go ahead, or even give it a shot selfboot and post your results...
mpm166
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mpm166 »

kay cause I plan on making it selfboot, but, just in case I do make the autoplay.gyp file and it doesn't work, will it totally mess up the cd and not load up at all, or just nothing will happen, and I'll still be able to select the movie in the list.
that data-data thing you mentioned (for the selfboot), will that work? do I need a certain type of file or i just burn any file in the first track. What should the size of the file be?

one more question
is the VCD Player released by Echelon a long time ago, any good (compared to GyPlay? i here GyPlay is better but is the echelon one really bad?), because then I could swap with an actual VCD which I could also use if i ever wanted to play it in a dvd player.

Thanks discostu ;)
Last edited by mpm166 on Thu Nov 22, 2001 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

the vcd player is a rip and is illegal...all stuff relesed by echelon is illegal(except for its apps that they made (those smart pplz)), and the .gyp file? if thst does enteork try the original autorun.ini fi;e, if that doesnt work don ask.
mpm166
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mpm166 »

just as illegal as Gyplay, both take advantage of the major hack in dreamcast, that allows cds to be booted up (it comes with ip.bin, and 1st-read.bin doesn't it)
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

an ip.bin isnt illegal! using the WinCE lib's is within the Grey Zone, not totally illegal though not perfecly legal... i donno really what's up with the legit ip.bin though it has never been illegal...
mpm166
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mpm166 »

kind of along the lines of "iffy"
you know, trying to do something that the dreamcast was never designed to do, and even has security to prevent.
your basically using a fault in the system,for your own (most of the time illegal)purposes
timefun
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

gypPlay v2

Post by timefun »

yes it works .. just rename the readme.txt to autoplay.gyp and put any movie in the root dir or anywhere.. then selftboot it ( i used ech tools).
but the thing is gypplay won't let you swap in a cdr with mpg, dat or anything... it just won't show any file or even read the cdr.
only play when you swap in a orginal dc disc (gdisc)!

all emu program to swap cdr but gypPlay just won't let you not unless its gdisc (weird) so i cant get all my back video music to work (not vcd).
and yes the quality is 96% or near ( my guess)
and ech rip vcdplayer is 70% but you can swap in vcds (only standard vcd disc)