Bleemcast

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
bkarsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleemcast

Post by bkarsh »

Good Afternoon folks,

I know there are individual Bleemcast discs for various games out there, but wasn't there an original Bleem for Dreamcast that was a general PS emulator, that would run several PS games? Is this still readily available? I'm pretty sure my DC would run it, and I'd love to get my hands on it.

Lastly, is it any good? :roll:
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

nope they canned the one disc playing 100 games, or whatever it was
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I'll field this one.

There were three Bleemcast discs:

Bleemcast for
1. Gran Turismo 2
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Tekken 3

These ran on the Dreamcast

The original idea was for a disc that played 100 games and four of these were to be released, but this proved impossible to implement and playtest.

Back in 1999, Bleem made a product for the PC (also called Bleem) which ran many more PSX games, though none of them perfectly. Development on it ceased when the company shifted to the Bleemcast product.

You can't make Bleem run on your Dreamcast, and there are currently no other PSX emulators for Dreamcast.

If you want to try a PSX emulator for your PC Bleem might still be in a store in your area, but its performance and compatibility has been surpassed by freeware entries, most notably ePSXe (not sure if that link is down right now, if it is try this one.

EDIT: damn, CG beat me to it.

Schnapple
bkarsh
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Thanks.

Post by bkarsh »

Ah -- thanks for the clarification.
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

i think they had 1 at e3 1 year that would play almost all the psx games but it was not glitch free play the only way for glich free play was to do 1 game per disc and dave from bleem a while back told me to ask discostu555 what not to do with a bleemcast disc i dont know what that means but i gues its a inside joke
Rileq
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

E3 2k...

Post by Rileq »

[quote=dreamcaster1]
i think they had 1 at e3 1 year that would play almost all the psx games but it was not glitch free play the only way for glich free play was to do 1 game per disc and dave from bleem a while back told me to ask discostu555 what not to do with a bleemcast disc i dont know what that means but i gues its a inside joke
[/quote]

As far as I remember, upon the debut of Bleemcast at E3 in 2k, it was only running 2 games; Omega Boost (Which looked awesome!) and Ridge Racer 4. The original intent was to release the 100 game packs, but obviously that was scrapped. In retrospect, I wonder how multiple vendors had RR4 running at their booths when Bleem had barely debuted it. I kind wish I had bought the one one particular vendor was going to sell me for 30 bucks now that ran Omega Boost. It was on a CDR, FYI.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

dave from bleem a while back told me to ask discostu555 what not to do with a bleemcast disc
i wonder what he meant by that? ive never spoken to dave (that i know of)... maybe someone else was talking to him about me or something?
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

microwave?

Schnapple