Dreamcast SH4 Disassembler (Modern GCC Port)

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Dreamcast SH4 Disassembler (Modern GCC Port)

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

Hello,

I came across this old site recently and saw the dcdis4a program. It was written in old-style C code which modern GCC refuses to compile. I updated the code so that modern GCC can compile the program and made a couple of minor miscellaneous fixes to it (solving some of the more critical warnings). Source code is attached with a precompiled binary inside--note that "dcdis" is an x86_64 linux executable. Running "make install" should install it to /opt/dcdis4a.

If you run it with no arguments it'll display a usage guide, so no need to list how to use it here. Really useful to disassemble SH4 stuff!

Obviously all credit goes to the original author; I just ported it to modern "ANSI" C.
Attachments
dcdis-0.4a.zip
A simple SH4 disassembler ported to modern C
(102.03 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
These users thanked the author Moopthehedgehog for the post (total 3):
|darc|SiZiOUSOlivier
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
SiZiOUS
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Dreamcast SH4 Disassembler (Modern GCC Port)

Post by SiZiOUS »

You should post this on your GitHub (or even better to a new GitLab account 🤣).