Need Help -- Two Issues!

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

CLEM3NTE
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need Help -- Two Issues!

Post by CLEM3NTE »

ISSUE #1
My buddy just got a Wii U and wanted to play PSO with me on it by downloading and ISO, or mounted copy. I have a Gamecube and currently have a broadband adapter,, but I was curious if there was a way for him to register without an official copy of the game and without a Gamecube. He opted to go the Wii U route so he didn't have to try and acquire a broadband modem adapter. 

Please let me know at your earliest convenience so I can get him set up to play with me.

ISSUE #2
When I re-purchased a Gamecube, copy of PSO and broadband adapter... the game didn't come with a box and manual. Therefore, I dont have a serial number or access key. How can I register my guild card without it? Also, my buddy from issue #1 will need a workaround as well.

Please help!

Thanks,
Clemente
snickerbockers
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Re: Need Help -- Two Issues!

Post by snickerbockers »

CLEM3NTE wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm ISSUE #1
My buddy just got a Wii U and wanted to play PSO with me on it by downloading and ISO, or mounted copy. I have a Gamecube and currently have a broadband adapter,, but I was curious if there was a way for him to register without an official copy of the game and without a Gamecube. He opted to go the Wii U route so he didn't have to try and acquire a broadband modem adapter. 

Please let me know at your earliest convenience so I can get him set up to play with me.
Are you even sure your friend can connect? I know there's stuff like Nintendont that lets you run GC games on Wii U, but I can't imagine it'll be able to make a gamecube game compatible with Wii U's wifi. USB ethernet adapters probably won't cut it, either.
CLEM3NTE
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by CLEM3NTE »

That's my fear as well. I'm just hoping there is a workaround.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Nintendont will not allow you to play PSO online on the Wii U (or the Wii for that matter). Only Devolution can do that, which won't work with downloaded ISOs or anything else like that (since you'll need to have it do a disc authentication procedure with a real copy of PSO on a Wii).

Sylverant requires the use of a legitimate serial number and access key to play PSO for Gamecube. If you don't have one, the easiest/cheapest way to get one is to either find someone selling just the case of one of the games (and make sure that it has the SN/AK on the inside of the box) or to buy a copy of PSO Episode III (which is generally cheaper than Episode I & II -- but the SN/AK will work regardless).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Also keep in mind that Devolution won't let you go online with Wii U unless you also have a Wii, because even if you buy the game, the Wii U won't let you insert the disc for Devolution to verify it, because the Wii U doesn't support GameCube discs. You have to insert the disc into an original Wii, verify it, and then copy the Devolution settings to the Wii U in order to play online.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
CLEM3NTE
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by CLEM3NTE »

Is there any way he can physical place the disc on the reader if he removes the outer shell of the Wii U console?
CLEM3NTE
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by CLEM3NTE »

Completely ignore the post above me. We have the serial numbers and access keys. We are now registered through Sylverant. We just need to get a Wii and verify this mother jammer.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Let us know if it really works on Wii U. You may be the first to actually try it!
"Fear the HUnewearl."
CLEM3NTE
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by CLEM3NTE »

I will do everything I can to make this work. I have been obsessed with this game since the DC version, so I need to make this happen.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

It does work on the Wii U... It's just a pain to get it set up initially because of the need to do the authentication on a Wii and all.