Can the official PSOv2 disc be used to connect?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

TomatoHead
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can the official PSOv2 disc be used to connect?

Post by TomatoHead »

I just finished a line voltage inducer and burned the dreampi program to a microSD, I just want to know if it is possible to get onto the Sylverant server via the official PSOv2 disc or do I HAVE to burn an edited version?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: Can the official PSOv2 disc be used to connect?

Post by Nico0020 »

You can connect with an official disc, you just have to use a patch disc first. It's a disc you use basically like a boot disc which will auto direct you to the sylverant server and disable the HL check. It will also patch music for the spaceship and temple quest

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Here is the link to the disc.
http://psopalace.sylverant.net/download ... er_2-0.zip

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
*The Cadillac of signatures*
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

As an addendum to what was already said, if you're using the European release of PSOv2, you don't technically need the patcher disc to play online (although, I'd still recommend it for the Ultimate mode mapfix patch). This is only true of the European release though -- the US and Japanese releases both need some additional checks patched out of the code before they can work, which the patcher disc does for you.

Also, if you have a CodeBreaker/XploderDC disc, you could use that instead of the patcher, but that requires careful input of a bunch of codes, which is quite a pain (and you can't get the Ultimate mode mapfix this way either).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

As a second addendum to what was already said ( :lol: ), you also have to be careful if you go the cheat disc route, because PSOv2 doesn't play nicely if you have codesaves on your VMU, so you must have a separate VMU with codes saved onto it and no PSO characters -- and you must unplug this VMU before you boot PSO, or else your character may corrupt without warning. The boot disc is a much safer and simpler alternative to using codes with a GD-ROM of the game.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:As a second addendum to what was already said ( :lol: ), you also have to be careful if you go the cheat disc route, because PSOv2 doesn't play nicely if you have codesaves on your VMU, so you must have a separate VMU with codes saved onto it and no PSO characters -- and you must unplug this VMU before you boot PSO, or else your character may corrupt without warning. The boot disc is a much safer and simpler alternative to using codes with a GD-ROM of the game.
Aww, my reasoning wasn't annoying enough of a deterrent? :lol: