GC Connection Issues and a Lacking Connection Guide

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GC Connection Issues and a Lacking Connection Guide

Post by Tymek »

Hi! My Nintendo GameCube Broadband Adapter arrived a few hours ago.
I tried connecting to Sylverant, but I keep getting an error, telling me the DHCP IP address can't be retrieved.

I am using the European version of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE I&II for Nintendo Gamecube.
The connection guide doesn't explain ANYTHING about wether you should fill in your IP manually, use PPoE or DHCP.

I did everything according to the Sylverant connection guide.
I think I got error 015?

Thanks in advance!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: GC Connection Issues and a Lacking Connection Guide

Post by BlueCrab »

In theory, DHCP should work fine (since pretty much every router does DHCP)...

That said, if you're not able to get an IP address via DHCP, then you should try configuring the Gamecube with a static IP address instead. You'll need to figure out what IP address range your router is assigning DHCP addresses out of and pick one that is either never used in that range or is just outside of that range (but in the same network by the netmask of your router).

For instance, my router is 192.168.1.1, it assigns DHCP clients addresses out of the range 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199 (with a netmask of 255.255.255.0), so I could give my Gamecube the address 192.168.1.222 and it should work just fine.
Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Tymek »

BlueCrab wrote:In theory, DHCP should work fine (since pretty much every router does DHCP)...

That said, if you're not able to get an IP address via DHCP, then you should try configuring the Gamecube with a static IP address instead. You'll need to figure out what IP address range your router is assigning DHCP addresses out of and pick one that is either never used in that range or is just outside of that range (but in the same network by the netmask of your router).

For instance, my router is 192.168.1.1, it assigns DHCP clients addresses out of the range 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199 (with a netmask of 255.255.255.0), so I could give my Gamecube the address 192.168.1.222 and it should work just fine.
I tried your method; the Manual IP method. And it worked!!!
I no longer get error 105!

mistake
FIXED AND VICTORIOUS
Last edited by Tymek on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my possesion:
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE I & II (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE III:
C.A.R.D. Revolution (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
NETWORK TRIAL EDITION (Dreamcast)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

That error code is still one from before connecting to the server, so it is still an issue on your end.

Are you sure that everything you put in for your connection settings is correct? Is the wire securely connected both on your Gamecube and on your router/switch (i.e, when you try to connect, does the light for whatever port your Gamecube is connected to light up properly)?
elfangor
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by elfangor »

I had this issue a few time ago.
I was connecting via a switch that cannot handle devices 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T at the same time...
Using another switch, I get connected !
Nintendo Gamecube Addict
Playing from Fr. and leveling up slowly...
Playing with a Sammy Keyboard on a black Gamecube with a BBA
Tymek
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Tymek »

BlueCrab wrote:That error code is still one from before connecting to the server, so it is still an issue on your end.

Are you sure that everything you put in for your connection settings is correct? Is the wire securely connected both on your Gamecube and on your router/switch (i.e, when you try to connect, does the light for whatever port your Gamecube is connected to light up properly)?
Everything I put in was correct, and everything was connected properly. But I now found out what the mistake was, and fixed it!
My Ethernet extender seems to have been dis-linked from the main router, due to a long period of inactivity. (If you don't use it for a while, you'll have to re-link it again) That's why I was unable to connect after solving the IP issues.

Everything is fully functional now!
Thank you, everyone! You too, elfangor, as it was pretty helpful to a certain extent!
I am finally online! Oh my god!
In my possesion:
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE I & II (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE III:
C.A.R.D. Revolution (Gamecube)

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
NETWORK TRIAL EDITION (Dreamcast)