Differences between Sylverant and Official PSO Sega Server

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

jial
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Differences between Sylverant and Official PSO Sega Server

Post by jial »

Hi, I don´t know if this topic has been posted before. I would like to know what features are different between the sylverant server and the old sega server.

I mean, what new features has been added .

Thank you!!!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Differences between Sylverant and Official PSO Sega Serv

Post by Aleron Ives »

Sega never let you use any commands, so all of the IRC-style /commands are new. Sega also didn't let DC and PC play together, nor was GC allowed to share the same lobbies, so that's new, too. Most of the changes involve new and modified quests that alter or extend the gameplay in some way.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
jial
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by jial »

I understand, thank you for the answer. :)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Also, don't forget things like the legit checker, kill tracking events, optional server-side drops for DC/PC, and things like NOL prevention. :wink:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

BlueCrab wrote:Also, don't forget things like the legit checker, kill tracking events, optional server-side drops for DC/PC, and things like NOL prevention. :wink:
About the legit checker, sega did not have a lobby game where you could apply such command and such verifications, however they did have some server verifications when you joined online to determine if you had hacked items (they actually anounced this on the welcome message), in fact some of the conditions on the legit checker are the same as the ones sega used on the server, altough the list of conditions on sylverant legit checker is far higher.

Sylverant essentially expanded what sega tried and made it an option so that players aren't forced into a single type of gameplay.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

BlueCrab wrote:Also, don't forget things like the legit checker, kill tracking events, optional server-side drops for DC/PC
...but ...but you activate those with IRC-style /commands! 8-)
"Fear the HUnewearl."