PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:http://sourceforge.net/p/sylverant/wiki/FAQs/
/save [slot] -- Save the current character data to the server for backup purposes. [slot] is required and can be between 1 and 4 (inclusive). This command can only be executed in a default lobby, not a game lobby. This command is not valid for Blue Burst clients. This command technically works on the Gamecube version of the game, but is useless because the /restore command does not work.
/restore [slot] -- Restore the character data from the given slot on the server (saved previously with /save). Be careful when using this command as PSOPC doesn't seem to like you restoring a character that isn't the same as the one you came on the game with. [slot] is required and can be between 1 and 4 (inclusive). This command can only be executed in a default lobby, not a game lobby. This command is not valid for Blue Burst clients. This command does not work on the Gamecube versions of the game, as these versions prevent overwriting character data in the lobby.
/login [username] [password] -- Login, granting whatever privileges you have on the ship (if any) if login is successful. This is required for both local and global GMs before they can use their powers. Some commands require regular users to login before use (like /enablebk and /disablebk).

/restorebk -- Restore your character data from an automatic backup of it. This functionality was added in [r572] to the ship server. Basically, every time you join a game, the server saves a snapshot of your character data. Think of it like an automatic /save functionality. The server will store one copy of each of your characters (where individual characters are determined by a unique <guildcard, name> pair). As with /restore, this command does not work on the Gamecube or Blue Burst versions of the game.
/enablebk -- Enable automatic character data backups for the current guildcard. The user must be logged in (with the /login command) in order to use this command. Once enabled, the user doesn't have to be logged in to have their data automatically backed up. Note that this does not enable backups for all guildcards on the account, just the one that is in use when running the command. This command does not work on the Gamecube or Blue Burst versions of the game.
/disablebk -- Disable automatic character data backups for the current guildcard. Works just like /enablebk, but in reverse.
thank you again my dear friend :wink:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: How to differentiate a common player of a game master?

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:GMs aren't differentiated in any way on Sylverant and never have been in any way that was enforced by the server. If any were, than that was something of their own doing, and not something the server did.

If you want to have someone prove they're a GM, they can easily use one of the GM-only commands to do that (such as /bcast).

Also, instead of opening all these new topics with questions that have a simple answer, please use the question and answer thread. That's what it is there for. :wink:
thx for explain and sorry again Ok I understand about topic :wink: :wink:
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by byte.me »

I probably already know the answer to this question, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure. Are saves from PSO Plus for the GameCube compatible with the regular PSO version, and vice-versa?
My Hunters:
Chadha Birdy (RAcast, ORAN - Main) - Lv 140
Metatron (HUcast, SKYLY) - Lv 80
Shaider (RAmar, PURPLENUM) - Lv 91

Steam, XBL, PSN - bytemedeep
Skype - johann.bird
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

byte.me wrote:I probably already know the answer to this question, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure. Are saves from PSO Plus for the GameCube compatible with the regular PSO version, and vice-versa?

Yes
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

^ Coolio. Thanks, Jar. :)

EDIT: I have another question. Do I need to use the SNAK of the regular PSO version to play that online or can I do away with the one I'm already using (the one that came with PSO Plus)?
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

byte.me wrote:^ Coolio. Thanks, Jar. :)

EDIT: I have another question. Do I need to use the SNAK of the regular PSO version to play that online or can I do away with the one I'm already using (the one that came with PSO Plus)?
You don't need to change the SN/AK to the new copy of PSO. Literally nothing changes when you change the disc, just some minor bug fixes in plus version.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It's worth noting, however, that unlike DC saves, GC saves are region locked. You must have a regular and Plus disc of the same region in order to use both of them; you can't buy a JP Plus disc to save money if your saves were made with a regular US disc.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

Kayak wrote: You don't need to change the SN/AK to the new copy of PSO. Literally nothing changes when you change the disc, just some minor bug fixes in plus version.
That's convenient. Thanks!
Aleron Ives wrote:It's worth noting, however, that unlike DC saves, GC saves are region locked. You must have a regular and Plus disc of the same region in order to use both of them; you can't buy a JP Plus disc to save money if your saves were made with a regular US disc.
Yeah, I don't think I would have problems with that. Both the Plus version I'm using and the regular version I'm getting are NA region. It's just the regular version I'm getting has more blemishes on the disc, so I thought it'd be better to use that instead and keep the Plus version stored away to preserve its condition.

Thanks, all!
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The only reason to use the original disc is to exploit its glitches. If you have Plus, you should surely use that to avoid the Indi Belra bug, if nothing else.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

Aleron Ives wrote:The only reason to use the original disc is to exploit its glitches. If you have Plus, you should surely use that to avoid the Indi Belra bug, if nothing else.
Okay, a few questions:
1. What does the bug do exactly?
2. What part of the game will I encounter Indi Belra?
3. Does the bug happen 100% of the time during encounter?

Thanks.
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You find Indi Belra in Ruins 1, Ruins 3, VR Temple Beta, and potentially VR Temple Alpha (in some quests). Unlike Dark Belra, Indi Belra does not move; instead, it fires its arms at you constantly. On every version of PSO except non-plus US (and JP?) discs, if you stand still, their arms will fly past you on the left and right. If you move, you'll get hit. On regular US discs, standing still doesn't work: the flying arms still hit you, which makes Ruins and VR Temple much more difficult (and nearly impossible if you're on a class with enough HP to not fall down, as the flying arms will almost instantly chain you to death if there is more than one Indi Belra in the room).

On an unrelated note, PSO+ also fixes the broken PB summon circle bug found on the regular disc, so not only do you get the enjoyment of watching the circle spin, but you can also tell which PB your teammate is using by looking at the circle, which allows you to perform unplanned combos by determining whether your teammate is using Mylla & Youlla and then choosing your own PB accordingly. On non-plus, not only does the summon circle not move, but it's also always the Farlla summon circle, so you can't tell which PB your teammate is using until it's too late to pick your own.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

^ All right. I'll keep those in mind. I'm mainly getting the regular version to allow homebrew through the BBA, but I suppose there's no harm in using it in the early parts of the game. Maybe a dumb question, but are both the regular and Plus versions hot-swappable with each other (like in sections of the map where things have been safely loaded)?
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

No.
byte.me
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by byte.me »

^ Hehe. Thought as much. Well, thanks!
My Hunters:

Skype - johann.bird
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Invalid slot value???
https://youtu.be/Qn8eCCRQnzs
what I'm trying to do is to play as an official member on the server and not as a ghost
recently got my original pso and now my access key and serial number
but I thought it was just download some to save my VMU that everything would be solved
when I try the command / save
with these credentials that use the command is invalid
I also thought I could just put my own acess key and my serial number starting a new game that everything would go well
but something happens and the game does not accept credentials.
sorry for so many questions about it but I want to be able to attend the events and record my character in server.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

You need to specify a slot value when saving. You'd have to do something like "/save 1" to save in the first server slot, "/save 2" for the second, and so on (up to 4).

As for the serial number/access key issue, you'll have to erase your Dreamcast's flashrom to reset your serial number/access key on the system. Do not do this until I've dealt with the issue of transferring your characters that we've already discussed. :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:You need to specify a slot value when saving. You'd have to do something like "/save 1" to save in the first server slot, "/save 2" for the second, and so on (up to 4).

As for the serial number/access key issue, you'll have to erase your Dreamcast's flashrom to reset your serial number/access key on the system. Do not do this until I've dealt with the issue of transferring your characters that we've already discussed. :wink:
XD thank you my character is saved now :grin:
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Otto Baus »

Hey, I figure this is as good a place to ask as any about a question to which I cannot find an answer.

What tech disks could possibly drop in Ep. 2 Tower(s)? Obviously, I'm asking about 29 or 30 here, if any.

I'm fairly certain that I've never personally seen any drop there due to the relatively low number of enemies and boxes, but I also haven't been playing a lot of Tower until only recently, either.

edit: I found a Zonde 29 in the East Tower just after my initial post. Too many other areas can drop that for me to extrapolate anything meaningful from this, but it's promising to see at any rate.
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

Lv. 29 tech disks are common in Tower. Though I've never seen any Lv. 30 attack techs in Tower. Those are really rare regardless however.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

To my knowledge, Sega hides the level 30 Disks in a different area on each ID, and the area that can drop an attack Disk at level 30 will be the one that has 10x worse drop rates than all the others. For instance, Foie 24 - 29 might drop at 5% in Ruins 2, while Foie 25 - 30 might drop at 0.5% in Ruins 1. Without a complete chart of each area and ID, it's impossible to know which areas drop what on which IDs, but it is safe to say that you probably can't get more than one or two attack Techniques at level 30 in Tower on any particular ID. Since the rates are so bad, it's pretty much impossible to get everything at 30 anyway, so a nuking Force will never be able to get rid of his Technique unit even if he did know where to look for each Disk.
"Fear the HUnewearl."