PSO PC Windowed: Correct aspect ratio

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO PC Windowed: Correct aspect ratio

Post by Aleron Ives »

Bravo. If this is truly full screen, does this mean the PrintScreen key still works, unlike in window mode? I may have to use this if I'm forced to get a 16:9 laptop in the future. :?

Now all you have to do is make the game smart enough to iconify and then regain focus without closing. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Unfortunately the print screen still produces garbage but you can capture using the screenshot button still (which may be a bit rough if you don't have multiple monitors). However I may be able to capture the print screen before PSO processes it and do a manual capture instead (such as the capture done with the screenshot button in the launcher).

You sir, gave me some work to do (again)! :D

At least right now it doesn't crash when regain focus and has it's own taskbar window (with icon) if you do Alt+Tab to something else. ;)

Off Topic: As you may know (or not) I'm now managing Palmacosta along with Didi and we accomplished so much in the past weeks. I wanted to ask if you'd be ok that we make your quests available in Palmacosta, if so, please send me a PM and we'll take it from there. :)
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fallingferret »

Just tried the latest version hoping maybe somehow it would finally launch through Steam, but now it just gives me a missing xinput1_4.dll error either way.
Spoiler!
************** Exception Text **************
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'xinput1_4.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at PsoWindowSize.XInput.XInputGetState(Int32 dwUserIndex, XInputState& pState)
at PsoWindowSize.frmResizer.cmdLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PsoWindowSize
Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SEGA/PhantasyStarOnline/PsoWindowSize.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
EasyHook
Assembly Version: 2.7.4761.0
Win32 Version: 2.7.4761.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SEGA/PhantasyStarOnline/EasyHook.DLL
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

Classic mistake, why use the newer version of xinput when the older one works just fine?

Downgraded to xinput3_1.dll, please download the program again, and feel free to delete xinput4_1.dll from the program folder.

Thanks for reporting.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fallingferret »

Thanks for the quick fix!
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

I noticed that while playing on an older computer running windows 7 that the game would not cover the task bar in full screen mode.

This small update fixes it.

Enjoy! :)
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

It's been a while and I finally got around to detecting controllers using DirectInput rather than XInput.

XInput is good for detecting Xbox 360 controllers and other Microsoft-ish stuff. DirectInput has a more wide range of devices it can detect.

Right now the search is limited to the kinds of "GamePad" and "Joystick". It seems to work well for most. But I know some controllers may report weird types, if you have issues, let me know and we can try to detect your type and add it to the detection routine.

You can download it on this link or any of the past links. :)

All the best!