Any decent and cheap replacement DC shells?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any decent and cheap replacement DC shells?

Post by Polymira »

I'm only finding old links and overpriced shells ($70-$100... more than I can get a used Dreamcast for...). Does anyone know of anywhere, preferably located in the US where I can pick up a decently priced replacement dreamcast shell? I still have my original black Sega Sports model, and would love to put it in a clear case, or one without that damn Sega Sports logo.
--pSyCo
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Any decent and cheap replacement DC shells?

Post by |darc| »

Unfortunately the only ones I know of are those overpriced clear shells on eBay, and those are all pretty much third party shells. I doubt you'll find a clear shell for a decent price. You might be able to find a spare normal white shell for cheap (I bought one myself 3 years ago for $10 on eBay, in pretty good condition), or failing that, buy a broken Dreamcast to use it for its shell.

I might be willing to trade you your black shell for a white one, actually...
It's thinking...
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

|darc| wrote:I might be willing to trade you your black shell for a white one, actually...
No you wouldn't! I tried painting it when I was 16 years old or so and it's not pretty. heh.

I'm gonna end up buying a 2nd working DC anyway (along with an SD card adapter and a vga box), may end up buying a broken one while I'm at it.
--pSyCo
Dev
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Dev »

If shells ever become too expensive to buy let me know and I will make an *.stl file one can download print using an average 3D printer.