GameCube/Wii Players

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GameCube/Wii Players

Post by lazareth »

Goal: To create a list of GC players to help organizing parties.

Okay, this is a remake of this post. The primary difference, is that I plan on updating the first post with info regularly.

I ask that all Gamecube/Wii players post the following information:
  • GuildCard Number (you can get this from in the game or from your account page on the website)
  • Primary Character Name
  • Primary Character's Class
  • Primary/Secondary Roles you prefer.
  • Your native language.
  • The times you play (include time zone)
I will update the list as other people post their info.

Chart of GC players (please reply to this post with your info to be added into the chart).

Code: Select all

Guildcard # | Character Name | Forum Name | Class Name | Primary/Secondary Role   | Language | Beat Time | Play Time                                   
==========================================================================================================================================
1371          Mina             BlueCrab     FOnewearl    GM                         English    ???         Rarely :( (Note: This is BlueCrab's GC character)
14945         Emily            Lazareth     FOnewearl    Support/Full Tech          English    666-250     Friday and Saturday: randomly from 3pm to 6am GMT
 ^->            ->                ->            ->           ->                        ->      666-875     Sunday-Thursday: randomly from 3pm - 8pm. (Work from 9pm until late)
14940         ???              ???          ???          Combat/Range               English    ???         Note 1
14971         Crossi           Crossi       HUmar        Combat/Support             German     791@SAT     Randomly (primarily Saturday around 7pm GMT)
14983         @jake74          jake74       RAmar        Range/Melee                English    958~125     10pm to 1am GMT (maybe more around weekends)
15001         Insomnia         IcemanX      HUcaseal     Melee/Range                Eng/Rus    ???         Random, find him on steam.
15017         Mertek           Mertek       HUcast       Melee                      English    ???         Random
14846         Lexar            Lexaraj      HUmar        Melee                      English    ???         Sporadically (EST)
15130         nanashi          Minsc        HUcaseal     Melee                      English    125-230
15153         Kevlar           kevlarAK     HUcast       Melee                      English    562-645
???           ayaukuagairu     FaithY       HUmar        ???                        English    916-000     *Interested in Challenge Mode
15081         Olivier          Elfangor     HUmar        Melee                      Fr/Eng     800-900     Mostly on Sat. and Sun.
15555         [jd]mojojojo     jdmojojojo   HUmar        ???                        ???        ???
15559         Matilda          Daione       FOnewearl    Support/Full Tech          English    ???         Random (weekends CST)
15517         Korneleus        doctor_oran  HUcast       Crowd Control              English    040         Sometimes later *Enjoys Challenge Mode
^             Violette         ^            RAmarl       ^->

Note 1: This is Calvin's GuildCard number, I don't know his forum name, and I can't remember the name/class of his main character and I forgot to ask about playtimes... (It is on my to-do list)
Note: I'll change all times posted in comments to GMT so that we can figure out the time locally easier.

Info on timezones:
Spoiler!
Please note that GMT does calculate DST, which varies and the US doesn't follow the rest of the world, just like in the UK they use BST during the summer. If your timezone is CST (central US) for example, you are GMT -6.00, however, DST is in effect, making you an hour ahead, so instead of subtracting 6 hours from GMT, subtract 5. Crossi is on around 2pm on Saturdays CST when DST is in effect. He'll be on around 1pm on Saturdays once you lose an hour again.

Here is a calculator for people that find this too confusing:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Personally I hate DST because it makes time calculation between countries harder.
Beat time chart:

Code: Select all

GMT +01.00 | 12:00 | 1:00 | 2:00 | 3:00 | 4:00 | 5:00 | 6:00 | 7:00 | 8:00 | 9:00 | 10:00 | 11:00 
=================================================================================================
Beat - AM  | 0       41     83     125    166    208    250    291    333    375    416     458 
Beat - PM  | 500     541    583    625    666    708    750    791    833    875    916     958 

Note: The beat time system is based off of BMT (Biel Mean Time) which is equivalent to GMT +01.00
Please refer to this webpage to learn more about the beat system, which is used inside PSO whenever you push start. (the @number on the bottom right is the beat.

Meeting up and playing with others:

Language barrier - Playing with someone that speaks a different language:
Spoiler!
So someone is on, but doesn't speak English. You can still play a game with them using the Word Select feature, which will show up in their native language. The word select feature are those pre-made messages that you can choose from. If you use the message "Can I join you?" in English, and someone has their language set to German, the message will come out in German for them. It isn't the easiest, but it is possible to play together.
The Friend List - Using it to see when someone is online:
Spoiler!
There is actually a friendlist feature built into the server. You cannot see the friendlist from inside the game on GC versions, but you can see notifications for when someone logs in or logs off. The friendlist is also accessible from the website:
https://wsgi.sylverant.net/friends.py

To use the Friendlist, try these commands while playing online:
/friendadd guildcard# Nickname
/frienddel guildcard#

The nickname is something that you know the person by. It could be their primary character or their real name. Even if they log in on a different character, you will still know who they are.
Check out the Sylverant steam group if you use steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sylverant

Original Post Changelog:
Spoiler!
10/13/2015: Added doctor_oran to the list. (BlueCrab)
10/13/2015: Added jdmojojo and Daione to the list. (BlueCrab)
10/5/2015: Added Olivier to the list. (Aleron Ives)
5/30/2015: Added Mertek, Lexaraj, Minsc, kevlarAK, and FaithY to the list. (BlueCrab)
4/10/2015: Added a link to the steam group for Sylverant.
4/10/2015: Added Iceman to list.
3/24/2015: Sorted Character list by guildcard number.
3/24/2015: Added forum name column to the Guildcard/Character list.
3/24/2015: Updated play time for: Emily/Lazareth (second row added for extra info)
3/24/2015: Added Calvin's GC number, lacking everything else for him.
3/24/2015: Added a changelog to track changes to OP.
Last edited by BlueCrab on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Reason: Added doctor_oran
Crossi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: GameCube/Wii Players

Post by Crossi »

Hey!
Guildcard / 14971
Character Name / Crossi
Class Name / HUmar
Primary Role / damage /support
Play Time /Randomly or saturday 08 Pm CET
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Thank you Crossi! You've been added to the chart! :grin:
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Bump - To let people know I'm still maintaining this thread.

I've been offline a couple of days (too tired/busy) but I've still been checking this.
jake74
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jake74 »

Hello all! Joined up here as I've got my GC all set up and want to start playing online again. DC BBA on the way, so will have a few characters up and running.

Guildcard — 14983
Char name — @jake74
Class Name — RAmar
Primary Role — melee or long range support
Native language — English, but can manage conversational Spanish too
Play time — limited :( GMT 10pm — 1am weekdays, maybe more at weekends when possible.

I'll be connecting up tonight I hope, have a wander round. Hope to catch some of you online.

cheers!
jake74
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jake74 »

Crossi, thanks for the (brief) game! I've no idea why my connection to the server kept dropping, but it was annoying!
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

Thank you and Pig for playing today, I've added you to the list jake. Could you ask Pig if I can add him to this list as well?
jake74
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jake74 »

I will do! Really enjoyed the game, first long session online since the Dreamcast dial up days!
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

jake74 wrote:I will do! Really enjoyed the game, first long session online since the Dreamcast dial up days!
Haha! I never got to play online with either dreamcast or GC but playing on Sylverant reminds me of when I would meet up and play multiplayer with friends in HS.

I'll have to update my play times in the list, I just got a job that will greatly affect my play times.
IcemaX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by IcemaX »

I'm joining you guys.

GuildCard Number - 15001
Primary Character Name - Insomnia
Primary Character's Class - Hucaseal
Role - Melee/Range
Language - English, Russian
Play Time - Total random. Best way to hit me up is on steam.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

IcemaX wrote:Best way to hit me up is on steam.
Speaking of Steam... I dunno if I ever actually announced that there is a Steam group for Sylverant. I know IcemaX had already found it before this point, though. :lol:

Oh, and because it's worthwhile... TOPIC STICKIED.
lazareth
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by lazareth »

BlueCrab wrote:
IcemaX wrote:Best way to hit me up is on steam.
Speaking of Steam... I dunno if I ever actually announced that there is a Steam group for Sylverant. I know IcemaX had already found it before this point, though. :lol:

Oh, and because it's worthwhile... TOPIC STICKIED.
WOOHOO! Stickied!

Now I have to apologize for my short absence. I've been on a 12 hour workday stint lately and haven't been feeling so well.

I've come back, and I am adding the newest GC player to the list! I am unfamiliar with steam, but I am going to link it in the OP!
Mertek
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mertek »

Hey guys, total newbie here to finally being able to use the O in PSO!
Spent a lot of time in offline multi mode back in the day before my memory card corrupted and killed my lvl140 HUcast but now I'm back and online too!

Guildcard — 15017
Char name — Mertek
Class Name — HUcast
Primary Role — Melee
Native language — English
Play time — Random. Depends entirely on whether I have any time between work, the wife and the dog haha
Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Lexaraj »

Hey everyone, made a post a ways back but haven't been able to play recently due to my and my wife's new baby. :grin:

I still wanted to post for when I do play from time to time.

Guild Card: 14846
Name: Lexar
Class: HUmar
Role: Primarily Melee, but I like playing support and will eventually make a Force.
Language: English
Play Time: Sporadic, sadly. With our baby I don't really have set times I can play, but I play when I can. My timezone is EST.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Try to lull the baby to sleep with the sweet sounds of Ragol. :mrgreen:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Minsc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Minsc »

Hey all, I just signed up to the server the other day. Here's my info:

Guild Card: 15130
Char: nanashi
Class: HUcaseal
Role: Melee I guess.
Language: English
Time: Typically 8:00pm-10:30pm AST.

Edit: I noticed there's a Skype group for the DC/PC version. Is there a group for us GC players?
kevlarAK
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kevlarAK »

GuildCard Number (you can get this from in the game or from your account page on the website)
Primary Character Name
Primary Character's Class
Primary/Secondary Roles you prefer.
Your native language.
The times you play (include time zone)

Kevlar lev 80+
HUcast
Melee
English, but I can fudge my way through some Eskimo and Spanish
3:30am - 5:30am Alaska currently. I will update this whenever my work schedule changes.

Looking forward to connecting to play. I tried L33t, but there must be some server issues there atm. I used to play a lot of time attack Challenge Mode on the Xbox version of the game. But, afaik, you can not play the Xbox version online. :( my main is 170+ there too. My work/wife/kids/Madden tends to get in the way of playing as much PSO as I would like. . . .

- Kev
FaithY
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FaithY »

Hi everyone (^u^)/

primary character: ayaukuagairu, HUmar, Whitill; L144.

Interests: challenge mode.

Availability: Saturday afternoon 4pm-6pm. Weeknights. CST, GMT-6.
:mrgreen:
kevlarAK
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kevlarAK »

FaithY wrote:Hi everyone (^u^)/

primary character: ayaukuagairu, HUmar, Whitill; L144.

Interests: challenge mode.

Availability: Saturday afternoon 4pm-6pm. Weeknights. CST, GMT-6.
I would be interested in C mode as well. I may be busy working on my driveway on Saturday afternoon though. I would have had multiple level 200 characters on Gamecube and Xbox, had I not spent so much time TAing C mode.

- Kev
twevo7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by twevo7 »

I will be joining the GCN PSO community!

I just ordered a gamecube with a BBA and PSO off of ebay and expect the package here next week.

I haven't played PSO in over 14 years, since the DC days when it was officially online, I barely remember anything about the game other than good times on it.