Game Organization

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Game Organization

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Mumubmw wrote:If some are intersted, I'll ask my boyfriend to make somes vidéos of the game play on both consoles.
That would be interesting, i have seen plenty of videos, from battle to challenge, to regular/normal gameplay and even unusual gameplay, but the videos you are sugesting aren't really a common sight so to have them would be cool.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Treamcaster »

I need someone with PSO v1 to join me. I want to test v1-nte compatibility. If anyone is available, just let me know asap.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Treamcaster wrote:I need someone with PSO v1 to join me. I want to test v1-nte compatibility. If anyone is available, just let me know asap.
I would really recommend against that, as I know it will not work all that well. :wink:

The NTE uses different command packet types for everything than the later versions do. I only translate a very limited subset of them (enough to make it so NTE players can safely be in the same lobby as everyone else). I do not translate anything beyond those, regardless of whether or not the players are in-game (as I haven't really had the time to study the NTE that far).
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

Looking for some people to play with.

Name: Leta
Class: Ramarl
Section ID: Viridia
Game version: PSO non plus Gamecube.
AkibaDecker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by AkibaDecker »

Name: Decker
Class: HUmar Lv 53
Section ID: VIRIDIA
Version: PSO Ver. 2 (Dreamcast with Broadband Adapter)

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone :) Please PM me if you'd like to organize a meetup in Iselia or such!
sixtenbruce
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by sixtenbruce »

Want to play Online! My timezone is CET (Central European Time) GMT +1

Name: Luke
Class: Ramar
Section ID: Greennill
Version: PSO Episode I&II Gamecube
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

Where are the gamecube players at? Im going to be on all day. Ill be bouncing between SS, l33t, and Sylverant all day. Im a Ramarl lvl 160
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The GC population tanked when BB became popular. You can't just pop on and expect to find other people anymore, as is the case with DC. Your best bet is to schedule a regular weekly meetup when everyone can play, such as the DC-Live events that DC-Talk hosts on Saturdays.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

Oh I know, when my new pc arrives ill be on BB. But for ill gc it up.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

PsyLance wrote:Oh I know, when my new pc arrives ill be on BB. But for ill gc it up.
Sylverant doesn't really support BB*, so you won't be playing BB on Sylverant at this time, unfortunately. Most people, as Ives has already said, tend to be either on the Dreamcast or PC versions. That said, there are a few Gamecube users on here, it's just there isn't any scheduled times when Gamecubers get on. That'd be the best bet to try to get a bunch of Gamecube users on -- schedule some times as the people over at DC-Talk have done for DC/PC players. :wink:

*: There is some support for BB in the server, but it is not at a level to which I want to open it up to everyone. Many things still do not work, which makes for a not-so-pleasant experience if you were to try to connect with it.
PsyLance
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by PsyLance »

No worries. PsoPc is fun as well. I see it already, im going to be playing all versions... but thank you for what you have done, are doing, and what you have yet to do for the server.
Sir Rappington
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Sir Rappington »

I am playing on this server (GC version) casually for awhile. If anyone is online from around @190-210 (or 11PM-1AM EST), that's the time I've been getting on the last couple of days. Haven't seen many people, but it's to be expected at that hour I suppose. So if you get on and see the following chars in a game, that's me:
Capt.Durple (RAmar/Yellowboze ~80)
LaserLemon (HUnewearl/Viridia ~65)
Dr.NOPE (FOnewm/Redria ~30)
Tin Can Dan (RAcast/Skyly, ~5)
Old GC player from ~05-08, casually playing a new set of chars on Dolphin. Messages over Discord will find me fastest :)

Capt.Durple (RAmar, high ult lvl)
LaserLemon (HUnewearl, high ult)
Winterleaf (FOmarl, mid ult)
Pocket Tank (HUcaseal, mid ult)
Tin Can Dan (RAcast, mid ult)
Dr. NOPE (FOnewm, mid ult)
OliverLeo (HUmar, low ult)
Firebolt (RAmarl, low ult)
DivineArbor (FOmar, VH)
Moonbow (FOnewearl, VH)
S N K
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: PSO History

Post by S N K »

I've decided to return to PSO for awhile since the nostalgia bug hit me. My original character was S N K on DC and Gamecube versions. I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some old faces again.~
Aldaris
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Aldaris »

Hi everybody,

I'm a HUmar lvl 125 named Zeratul and I play on gamecube.

I'm looking for a team to perform forest (MOP1), cave and temple in Ultimate.

I'm playing during the week end, on the morning in France (GMT+1).

Best

Zeratul
John Rplca
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by John Rplca »

I suspect that MasterChief and I will be online more from next week on or so, as we have plans to meet up IRL and play some good ol' GC again :wink:
Mumubmw
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mumubmw »

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I came here. We couldn't take the time to realize the promised videos since we stopped playing PSO v2 waiting for the "gaming room" to be finished.

So we've just plugged back our consoles last week and try to play again together (me with the Gamecube and my boyfriend with his Dreamcast). We've set up the new DNS and could connect easily.

But it's not working as well as it used to. Formerly we could acces any mission together (with the limitations described in this topic). Now (since the new server?) the Gamecube freezes when loading the mission, only the Dreamcast accesses the level. So we cannot do many things together in PSO :-(

Is it a know problem?
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

Dreamcast player and a Gamecube player playing together is really unstable. GC is most likely to crash. I'd advise to not play together, and for you to only play with other gamecube players. V2 and GC are only compatible in the lobby.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Mumubmw
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mumubmw »

Thanks. We know that but we used to live with the limitations mentionned in the topic but now we cannot access the missions at all (which was not the case formerly :-( ).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Your best bet would be to either play on Dreamcast + PSO PC, or on GameCube + Wii/Dolphin so that you'd both be on the same game. If you can't do that, your only option for a stable multiplayer experience is GC splitscreen mode, I'm afraid.

The quest problem is probably due to the fact that GC has a new packet to ensure that everybody starts the quest at the same time. DC does not support this packet, so GC keeps waiting for the other client to acknowledge that it's done loading the quest, but DC never does, so GC remains stuck. It's possible that this feature wasn't implemented the last time you played here, and that's why you were able to load quests cross platform.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Mumubmw
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Mumubmw »

Aleron : thanks for this precise answer.

So we'll try with our Wii and the GC :-)