Wind & Water Sold Out

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Wind & Water Sold Out

Post by cube_b3 »

Originally posted at DCS

Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles was developed by Yuan Works and published by Redspotgames all the way back in 2008, has finally sold out. Full story after the jump.

A couple of years back, the publisher went on record and said that the game was a financial failure and it failed to meet sales target. It was most recently bundled with Sturmwind, and it looks like that did the trick and the game is now out of stock.

Unlike most puzzlers released for Dreamcast which average at a retail price below 20$, W&W was a full priced game, and even after price drops the game was considered uneconomical by consumers. Which is unfortunate because the game was very well received by critics. W&W was also one of those indie games that also had the entire sound track on disk.

I contacted Yuan-Works to find out, if they were interested in a reprint however as of press time I have not heard from them, if I do, this post will be updated.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Re: Wind & Water Sold Out

Post by GyroVorbis »

I knew this was going to happen, and I literally bought a copy a few days ago. :lol:

Looks like there is one left on Amazon. HURRY UP, GUYS:
http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Water-Puzzle ... ter+puzzle
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I would buy it if it wasn't 18$ over the last price.

It is also now a free online game.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

This game is higly underrated. I think i actually bought two copies of the game on accident. But my dreamcast stuff is still boxed up back in the states. I ordered the game when I preordered strumwind. I must say this game was highly underrated.

Its a very solid title, but I remember like many others the asking price I felt was a bit steep when it first released. Looking back, I realize now I shouldn't let 10-20 bucks stand in the way of my passion for things dreamcast.

Ive been playing it and must say I really enjoy it, though it becomes quite challenging at times. One thing I can say though, is graphically you can tell the game was designed with a handheld in mind. I hope their next Ninja game makes its way to dreamcast.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

If you have it sealed and in states I will buy it.