Law56kers Nxdoom Collection Released!

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Law56kers Nxdoom Collection Released!

Post by Stryfe »

spinksy wrote:Right, got it to work!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Turns out the Doom2.wad file I downloaded was an old version (not 1.9 version), so I tracked down the iwad patcher v1.1 and patched it from v1.666 to 1.9 - put the wad file in the folder, burned etc and works a treat!!!

Thanks for the help!!

going to try it at 240mhz in a minute :wink:
Since I have this thread linked from the Wiki, I just thought discussing downloading any full version of Doom isn't allowed. The games were never made freeware. That's why Law56ker didn't include them to begin with.

You can find downloadable versions for sale at the creators, ID Games , website here -> Doom 1 (Ultimate Doom), Doom II, and Final Doom.

You can also get them from the STEAM game service here -> Doom 1 (Ultimate Doom), Doom II, and Final Doom.

There's also the FreeDoom collection from here -> FreeDoom

It's a project to clone the functionality of the commercial Doom I-II wads, so you can use Doom I-II mods without owning the original games. I've tested a handful of mods with Freedoom, and have had mixed results with NxDoom. Quite a few do work though.
ImageImageImageImage
EvilDead
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EvilDead »

Superstrider wrote:I have, and still, the game will not boot up. I think that there may be a flaw in either the 1ST_READ.BIN or IP.BIN. I say this since the system resets in an indefinite loop. I know that it's not the system itself, since I have no problems with any of my other homebrewed games.
Hi, I'm having this same problem. I downloaded this collection for the Army of Darkness mod, but the game only plays as a single silent audio track. There is no data whatsoever as far as gaming goes, and when I try to boot it, it loops back to the start menu of the Dreamcast. Can someone PLEASE help with this, I've wasted 33 discs on this today and it's getting ridiculous. What's causing this problem? Please help! I can't afford to waste any more discs on something I can't see working.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

EvilDead wrote:
Superstrider wrote:I have, and still, the game will not boot up. I think that there may be a flaw in either the 1ST_READ.BIN or IP.BIN. I say this since the system resets in an indefinite loop. I know that it's not the system itself, since I have no problems with any of my other homebrewed games.
Hi, I'm having this same problem. I downloaded this collection for the Army of Darkness mod, but the game only plays as a single silent audio track. There is no data whatsoever as far as gaming goes, and when I try to boot it, it loops back to the start menu of the Dreamcast. Can someone PLEASE help with this, I've wasted 33 discs on this today and it's getting ridiculous. What's causing this problem? Please help! I can't afford to waste any more discs on something I can't see working.
Are you able to boot anything else up with a CD-R on your Dreamcast?
It's thinking...
EvilDead
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EvilDead »

Yes, all my other backups and homebrews work fine. This one alone is giving me trouble I have no clue why.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

You probably should try to pick apart the collection, remove some mods, recompile the image and burn it to see if you can get it to work.

I'll also use this opportunity to recommend Doom for DC by Chilly Willy: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=100952
Insane homebrew collector.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Nxdoom had some limitations, which messed up some mods music etc...however most mods should boot, i spent hours testing every single one.